How are the new DLC campaigns?

yeah the sic campaign is really cool. one of my favourite by far, love the choices

3 Likes

Thanks, phoenix1089! If you haven’t already, and you love these styles of campaigns, be sure to check out my custom scenarios by searching for “Philly” in the in-game mod manager. “Komnenos” and “Vandals” are two that are especially popular among those who enjoyed the Sicilians campaign! :slight_smile:

Hi,philly,when do the RED CLIFFS be published?Cannot wait playing!

1 Like

I’m taking more time to make it so it will be better! I want to make the factions more unique than they were in the first version, Cao Cao’s Ambition.

2 Likes

Man, I wish there was an official Chinese campaign…

1 Like

One on the Tang Dynasty and the battles with Korea (Goguryeo), the Gokturks, Central Asia, the Abbasids, Nanzhao and the Tibetan Empire would be awesome! Adding Tibetans, Thais and Jurchens as civs.

2 Likes

Tang Dinasty may be a bit too early, but would work if they added Tibetans.

Why too early? It could weave in the story of Tang Taizong, Xuanzang, the An Lushan revolt, Wu Zetian, Battle of Talas and so many things! Also add pandas as an animal for the game, and proper camel caravan trade unit for Silk Road maps.

1 Like

It is basically from the 600s to the 900s, so it is kind of early for the game.
It would be a campaign without a few Imperial Age techs for example.

Then again, they already made the Huns.

I completed all the three new campaign and I must say that they are very interesting, from the narrative to the scenario construction. For me these ones and the civilizations themselves are totally worth the ten euro price tag.

1 Like

It’s not too early. You have the Goths (Alaric), Huns (Attila), Bukhara(Persians). Nothing wrong with Imperial age techs.

So far only played the Sicilian one, and I’m really happy with the DLC, 10 Euros are a good price imho.

As a gameplay perspective, like @ScrimpyFaun656 said, it’s hard to get something new and memorable but I still enjoy what the game continue to offers after all those years; speaking of history they did a good job with the sicilian campaign even if they focused mostly on the Hautevilles dinasty than on Sicily itself; only 2 scenarios are geographically located in the island. I guess you can add more historic battles to the campaign but it would have been annoying and repetitive.

As a Sicilian i hope i can make something untold with the editor but it takes time to do something good.

1 Like

It was well known it was going to be a Normans capaign, and the civ itself is mostly the Normans, with a few nudges to other kingdoms in Sicily, to justify the Sicilians nomenclature.

To be honest, no Medieval game should miss the Normans, and Total War Medieval 2 also introduced them as Kingdom of Sicily in their game.

3 Likes