How do I make a muliplayer-compatible reskin mod?

Some small attachments like the Winged hussar, or the Birthday mod from AOE could give you an example whats possible to do

Good idea :+1:

Interesting, the Winged hussar mod use a simple “visualmods.xml” file which override the hussar 3D model and attach feathers particules on the ATTACHPOINT bone:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VisualMods version='1'>
	<Models>
		<Model base='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age2_rider' override='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age2_rider_wings' />
		<Model base='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age3_rider' override='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age3_rider_wings' />
		<Model base='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age4_rider' override='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_age4_rider_wings' />
	</Models>
	<Attachments>
		<ModelXML file='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\light_cavalry_rider'>
			<Attachment name='feathers' component='ModelComp' bone='ATTACHPOINT' type="particles" file='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\winged_hussar_feathers' />
		</ModelXML>
		<ModelXML file='units\cavalry\magyar_hussar\magyar_hussar_rider'>
			<Attachment name='feathers' component='ModelComp' bone='ATTACHPOINT' type="particles" file='units\cavalry\light_cavalry\winged_hussar_feathers' />
		</ModelXML>
	</Attachments>
</VisualMods>

I’ll see what I can do with that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes