How do you imagine Korea and Persia in AOE 3?

Yes, but Persia was always a regional power…from the Achaemenids to the Qajar, Persia was at war with its 3 neighbors who are already in the game: Ottomans, Russians and Indians…

The Timurids were indeed strong enough to seriously scare their neighbors, however, as pointed out, it is somewhat debatable how Persian they really were. Nevertheless, when you compare Tamerlane’s military might to that of the Achaemenids, the Parthians, or the Sassanids, you realize the stark fact that Persia’s true glory days were already in the rearview mirror by the AoE3 period. They held their own, but they were no longer at the top of their game.

Of course,and with the Portuguese and the Mughals too…although the last timurids would in fact be the Mughals (you know Babur, great-great-grandson of Tamerlan by paternal line and descendant of Genghis Khan by maternal line)…

2 Likes

Yes in fact in wikipedia itself it says:“in 1736 (period of aoe 3) Persia reached its maximum territorial extension since the Sasanids times”…

1 Like

Actually, I hope sometime down the line we will get to see the Mughals and the Maratha as separate Indian subcontinant civs in the game. However, there are quite a few factions to add before we reach that point (Persia being one of them).

2 Likes

It could happen if they decide to put the Durrani or the Persians in a single dlc with the Marathas,and rename the Indians as Mughals…

1 Like

I was doing some research on Persia for this period a while ago in the same vein as Korea post.
Ideally I’d give them a new Age up system, but the wonders seem promising. Of course, unit roster roster shouldn’t be a problem. Persia had really ■■■■■■ artillery in this period, but that’s just something to account for designwise.

1 Like

Of course, yes that can be good …