How is going aoe4 to be?

Hybrid total war and aoe2?

1 Like

As we have already seen in the “gameplay” trailer, units doesn’t seem to work in big stacks, and it’s gonna be purely RTS, so most likely that’s a no. The only thing that can recall Total War (or Stronghold) games a bit more is that sieges now are gonna be more realistic, instead of simply flooding the enemy base or dropping castles next to the enemy city’s core so easily.

3 Likes

Given they’ll add less civz, and it’s set in “a new age”, I’m putting my bets into something like an Empire Earth where you lead your nation from the archaic past into the future. Maybe, you’ll have the ability to “evolve” your nation into different branches. For example, starting as a proto-indoeuropean people and as the game progresses, transition into italics, or slavs or germanics, and then into more specific nation-states, and then you know the deal. Or start as a proto-steppe people, and choose between mongols or turkics, then either mughals or ottomans, etc. Same deal with amerindians, and so on, and so on.

I have no idea how the campaigns will be, but , they’ll probably add different token civz or factions for them, each with their unique features, but not playable like the main civz

Personally, I’d love if they incorporate multiplayer into some campaigns or scenarios, whether it’s coop or player vs player.

1 Like

It’s already confirmed that the time period is from very late ancient until Renaissance, so medieval time period mainly.

1 Like

where was that confirmation?

1 Like

It is going to be a Micro$oft cash grab, not worthy to buy it.

2 Likes

I’d rather wait until I see (or play) some actual gameplay before making such accusations. We do know that the game is already for multiple years in development. A cashgrab wouldn’t have such a long development cycle.

5 Likes

in the interviews after the gameplay trailer of XO19

1 Like

Long term that would be a huge mistake by microsoft so I seriously doubt that will be the case. A.O.E.5 would then have poor sales. They still have much of history to cover. I hope to see an AOE which has WWI and WWII in there with tanks, aircraft, submarines, etc.

2 Likes

soo company of heroes?

Actually not an active gamer. I am now researching Company of Heros 2. Most likely will buy. Thanks Ziad5241.