How to add more without to break what we have. Is the approach by AoE2 Rome DLC the right one?

How to add more without to break what we have. Is the approach by AoE2 Rome DLC the right one?

The Return of Rome adds one faction to AoE2, but also a new timeline with factions from AoE1.

So how to do it by AoE4? Add Spain as new faction and all the other from AoE3 as own timeline?

I think, for the foreseeable future, pretty much everyone would rather just have more civs to play with the ones we already have, not some separate game in the game.

3 Likes

I want them to give us more new civilizations & other content in AoEIV and not a separate game within AoEIV. I want new stuff but keep it within the AoEIV theme.

i think you misinterpreted what has been done.
RoR is remaster for aoe1. That’s it. To adapt civs into aoe2, they need to redesign them from scratch, what want appeal to aoe1 fans. It’s 2 different games.

Rome was not added initially into aoe2 ranked. Do you want new civ in aoe4 which wont be added to the ranked? aoe4 civs will be balanced from scratch either way.

What’s the difference between different ages to meet in multiplayer and civs which never meet in history fight in MP?

Rome doesn’t make sense in AOE 2, they don’t care about history timeline at this point, only about milking money.