How to correctly nerf and buff a civ

Finally someone with some sense. Dansil92 is right I also play azzys treaty and late game just didn’t want to type all that lol take this chart off and make a new one and honest your just an Aztec hater.

Im playing them now, 99vills on farms are 9100 food/min. compare it with other civs.

Don’t put any cheats in cause that will affect your collection rate.

I’m sorry brother but
I can’t quantify your ability my that of the opponent. I’ll just say that each civ has a buff and it’s up to you how much you exploit it or let them do it.

If your concept of the game is that everyone is in a locked city, without raiding, or rushing or letting the other civs exploit their buffs then I think this is not your basket.

edit: buddy, if you lose your 2 factories/wonders, tell me who wins.

“how to correctly nerf and buff a civ”

ignores the vast majority of a civs design

no.

In fact I hate France, in fact I complain about the Aztecs because you can’t have such a high collection rate of natural resources and at the same time have a mill and estate. The Incas seem to me to be better balanced in that case.

They are facts, aztecs are the best natives at estates but is one of the worst in the entire game
They are the fastest farming while lakota are the fastest hunting but thats all.

is it wrong to say that certain civ. have more game and gold because they collect it faster instead of having an echo in mill and farm faster?

I also play 1v1 and yes they are strong but rarely do games go past age 5 unless you play team games or treaty. So it’s very hard to send all those cards, make all those farms and estates while collecting natural resources because raiding is available. Meanwhile European civs get unraidable factories that never stop production. You’re just an Aztec hater and not very thoughtful and disingenuous with your approach. You are saying I don’t know 1v1 get out of here just go watch any twitch cast and you’ll get a feel what the top players are playing and the current meta.

… you mean hunting and coin mine rates? no one ever gets all the farm and estate techs in a normal game while still on natural resources, heck you wont have a farm as aztec to even research them and you cant build estates until age 3. Aztecs hunting rate is quite poor because they dont have steel traps at the market, and if you invest literally 400w to get a farm to get the food techs you will be so far behind its not even funny. you can’t pull the rates out of the air like its reasonable to actually obtain all that.

aztec- has to spend 650w and 125c to match steel traps (market, farm, hunting dogs, tier 1 farm tech)
euro- spends 375w 175c (market, hunting dogs, steel traps)

yeah try that in a real game, see how well that goes. have you counted the cost of those upgrades? they will literally never pay for themselves while on hunts. Haudenosaunee can utilize them because of travois, but azzy definitely never will

2 Likes

buddy, if you lose your 2 factories/wonders, tell me who wins
my friend I am not going to teach you how to play

Obviously someone needs to teach you self awareness because you look like a clown becasue it’s clear to us you have never played Aztecs.

1 Like

Stop spreading false information if you can’t beat Aztecs it’s your fault not ours. It’s not reasonable for aztecs to not rush. That’s all they have basically, unless you suck and let them turtle into the 4th age that’s on you.

yes, aztec farms when maxed with their (11??) cards and ageup bonuses are the best farms. sadly their food heavy units are all kinda trash, so you get handicapped by your estate rates

2 Likes

Then don’t lose your 2 factories or wonders it’s a game for a reason.

And don’t forget the 10 warrior priests, which cost no population and are equivalent to 20 villagers in the community square, so you could say that Aztecs at the end of the game have 119 villagers.

the trouble is you are basically spending vill seconds continuously to just match arsenal techs, church train times. its really expensive when you actually math it out

For Japan, Holland and Sweden. Reduce the limit of buildings that generate resources according to age. For example the Ottomans can only increase the villager limit to more than 45 after advancing to age III. Something similar could be done with passive income buildings. For example:

Swedes:
Limit of cottage in age II: 8
Limit of cottage in age III: Total possible.

Dutch:

Bank limit at age II: 2
Bank limit at age III: 4
Limit of banks in age IV: Total possible.

Japanese:

Limit of sanctuaries in age II: 8
Limit of sanctuaries in age III: 16
Limit of sanctuaries in age IV: Total possible.

For the Incas there could also be a similar limit for the kanchas, although I don’t know if it does because I don’t know them in detail.

Passive income resources should be for the mid-end game.

For British people I would also do something similar.

British:

Limit of manor houses in age II: 10
Limit of manor houses in age III: Total possible

Or simply reduce the number of settlers from the metropolis. You can have 20 villagers for building houses, plus almost another 20 with shipments, and not counting those created from the TC.

you literally cannot do this to a civ, it would immediately kill their age 2. its not logical to constrain a civ to such a small population. pop should be a function of available wood, not just a slap in the face. brits are one of the most consistent “late age 2” civs. My only suggestion for brits (and i’m not even sure its needed) is just remove “5 settlers” and leave 3 & 4 vills, similar to dutch and tad-otto

Hmm would it be too weird of an idea to move some of the farm and estate techs to the market for the native civs?

atleast maybe for the first 2