How to update new patch? Can't play games :(

How do I update to the new patch? I’m not able to join games anymore :frowning:

Sent a PM.

Same here. I figured it out about 2 weeks ago. But I do not recall the exact steps I took and the steps I thought I took then are not working this time.

Re-posting the answer here for anyone else who is confused:

Open the Windows Store app. On the top right of the window (next to the user icon), you’ll see a down-arrow icon for downloads and updates. Go there and hit “get updates”, it’ll refresh and list AOE DE as being available (along with any other apps that have updates).

I do not see my user icon at the top right corner and not arrow in Window Store. Is there any other method?

I’m on Windows 8.1 and using a CD.

@“IKing Sire” said:
I do not see my user icon at the top right corner and not arrow in Window Store. Is there any other method?

@“IKing Sire” said:
I’m on Windows 8.1 and using a CD.

Is Win10 exclusive.

Will not update. Tried updating from Microsoft Store . Deleted and reinstalled from Microsoft store …still the old version. Why the *&"£$ isn’t the one on Microsoft Store patched???

@raouldufy said:
Will not update. Tried updating from Microsoft Store . Deleted and reinstalled from Microsoft store …still the old version. Why the *&"£$ isn’t the one on Microsoft Store patched???

Hi @raouldufy, Read the Age of Empires support page here for help updating the game from the Microsoft Store app.