halfhearted, dry, lackluster

5 Likes

Aoe2 for kids

(Monke)

1 Like

Wow, I wasn’t expecting so much hate.

3 Likes

It is not hate, but big deception.

People where waithing for more then basic minimum game.

Each people have their own reason, that merge or not, whit other people.

For instence, the absence of siege enginear units and the guided arrows/siege projectile.

2 Likes

This forum is the most negative place towards the game. Unless maybe AoEzone has started talking about it, haven’t checked there in a while.

3 Likes

Many missing features

1 Like

It’s not hate it’s disappointment.

Keep in in mind that even the harshest critics here on the forum come from people that love the franchise, that in most cases understand the franchise and RTS games, and, most of all, that want nothing else than the best for Age IV.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong there are definitely some good criticisms here and the game needs improvements, but there’s also a dozen or so people who are just ridiculous about it, and a few with very weird expectations that never would have been in the next AoE game.

1 Like

Honest triplets:

Really good music

&

Too much safety

&

Really bad UI

&

Fun and boring.

(Yes Never thought I’d say it…but the game is both fun AND boring)

3 Likes

Yes, you are right, but they are a minority of the very small minority of players that even bothers to write on the forum, that actually knows the games and has very critic opinions about Age IV.
And even those who asks for impossible things generally do that with the best of intentions, passionately, but without hate; often misguided by the lack of communication from who is in charge of development.

Fun, awesome, great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The game has 83% positive reviews on Steam and seems to have exceeded the server capacity they have prepared. Additionally, missing features will be added shortly as can be seen in game where they’re grayed out, the game will only improve in the following months, and the gameplay is fantastic already. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for it, but some still shit on the hard work and effort that went into the game.

1 Like

AgeOfMythology still best

2 Likes

yeah, honeslty if the game was abosulte trash i would have given up thse forums long ago

but the frustrating part is the game is sooo close to being decent

it just has super easily fixable design decisions that would make it great

increased zoom, ability to remap all hotkeys, and various QoL stuff like waypoint markers and patrol

1 Like

I will never understand why people are so ready to make the equivalence: criticism = “■■■■ on the hard work and effort that went into the game” and variation on the theme.
I would never dream of ■■■■ on anyone’s work. At my home, to make critics and suggestions means showing interest and appreciation for something. Do you really think that any of us has time to waste to come here on the forum and ■■■■ talking about a game we do not care about? I don’t. And I do not see around here people insulting developers’ work or wishing for the game to fail.

If you made this post convinced that everyone else is enthusiastic about the game as you are, I’m sorry, it simply is not so. Not everyone, for example, thinks that “the gameplay is fantastic already”. In fact, many think it’s quite the opposite: it’s a matter of taste, experience, from which game you come from, competitive, casual, etc.

I’m extremely glad you and many others like the game already as it is now. Please consider the idea that for many others the game can improve much more, and they hope it does. Please consider the idea that for some of us what we know at the moment about future updates is not very reassuring.

We are only at the start of the journey, I chose to read any critic as an input to go from here
Screenshot 2021-11-02 202506

to here
Screenshot 2021-11-02 202729

and beyond.

4 Likes

JUST NEED RANKED

1 Like

Still in beta

20 characters

2 Likes

Crash, crash, oh, and crash

Fun, Incomplete, Optimistic