[Huge patch] My first patch after the launch of the new DLC would look something like this:

Actually, it doesn’t. The non-Viet ally sees exactly where the enemies (…)

You’re right, such a basic thing I forgot

Don’t use toxic to heal a disease.

Hey, if you’ve got a better idea, I’m all ears

In most of the timeline of the game, they are settled and not in the Eurasian Steppes.

I know, but that’s the point of starting with the Steppe Scouts. They started with it, just start. Notice I didn’t give them the Elite version.

The Steppe Scout, something like Camel Scout, should be for only 1 civ. That is how the game design

I neither necessarily agree or disagree. We’ve got different design ideas. For me the Steppe Scout should be given to the nomadic civs and I’d dare to say one or two civs more should get the Camel Scout too probably. But definitely the Steppe Scout. I see them in the same place as the Eagle Scout. Mesos got the Eagle Scout and nomads got the Steppe Scout. I know it’s a simplistic view.

Then just nerf the building in the Castle age rather than locking it.

I can agree with that. The only question is the Harbor, then. And you can say it’s a unique building vs a regional one, but that, in my opinion, not a point of weight. And I know the Dock is available in the Dark Age too.

You chose the wrong answer.
The Mule Carts definitely will not be removed from the Armenians and the Georgians

The wrong one based on the devs choices? Yeah, but that’s the problem. I know the Armenians and Georgians are not the OG Mule Cart owners but correct answer should be to just give them to the nomadic civs. We both know it’s not a complex programming endevour or anything, it’s just the design team being stubborn or overly careful.

You might need compromise for your other changes, but not this one.
Giving the Japanese the Trebuchet buff as a civ bonus is not only inaccuracy but also imbalance in my opinion.

Agree. If for me then we get rid of their Treb bonus. They weren’t Treb users as far as I know. As you said, it’s innacurate. I’ll remove the bonus, you’re right. Also lowered the cost of Bushido.

It is pretty useful actually. The team free Conscription means your allies can benefited from the Conscription immediately when hitting the Imperial age without even a Castle.

It’s the best idea we’ve got so far so I’ll edited that in, too, in my notepad (literally using Notepad++ behind this post, for this hypothetical patch)

I’d like to let the Paper Money also provide emergency gold besides the trickle effect, such like 100 gold for every TC and Castle.

Also partly edited that in. I wish I could edit the original post on this page, but at least my notepad has all the info. I’ll probably return to modding and put this into practise. Used to do it very back in the day.
Edited Viets:
“Paper Money: name → ‘Monetary Reform’; cost 550 Food, 200 Wood, 60 seconds → 200 Food, 500 Wood, 30 seconds; effect: ‘1 Gold per 26.3 Wood → 1 Gold per 20 Wood, all teammates receive 200 gold’”
“- bonus ‘Conscription free’ goes from passive to Team Bonus”

No. If the Saracens get the Camel Scout, I’d like to remove the Camel Scout from the Gurjaras.

Once again, I’m in favor of regional units and that includes starting scouts.

The Spanish do not need Siege Engineers, but receiving the Crossbowmen is nice.
Not only accurate but also (…)

Edited the Crossbow in. Now the Bulgarians are the only ones who don’t have it. Left the Siege Engineers for now as it’s based on real life.
Also, edited the Spanish. I never liked Supremacy:
"Spanish: "
“- remove passive 'Builders work 30% faster '”
"- new passive: ‘Treadmill Crane free’ "
"- receive Crossbowman "
"- receive Siege Engineers "
"- remove passive ‘Gunpowder units fire 18% faster’ "
"- replace Supremacy tech with ‘Tercio Tactics’ "
"- Tercio Tactics: cost 500 Food, 400 Gold, 40 seconds; effect ‘Gunpowder units fire 18% faster, train 10% faster’ "

Already a very popular mod for this. Search “Blood” under mods, it’s one of the most downloaded mods available

Yeah, I know, but I’d be cool to be a part of the main game :frowning:

At least make each range the same length so that only one circle appears on the ground.

Another way is to make the construction time of defensive buildings similar to the gold carrying amount of Trade Carts. The further away from the target Market, the more gold the Trade Carts can carry; The further away from the own TCs, the longer the construction time of defensive buildings will be. Only need to display the needed construction time on the fundations of each buildings.

You sure that having +1 range cavalry trainable in the Feudal age would not be broken? Especially for the Magyars and the Turks?

All of the Mesoamerican civs have no horse, that is why all of them have to have the Eagle Scouts.
Other civs have the Scout Cavalry. That is the diffirence.

I’ve suggested to remove the UT, and make the Docks automatically upgrade to the Harbors once you have a Castle in the Castle age. Just saying.

Because this is how this game designed. Sometimes, or most of times, it serves entertainment instead of historical accuracy. Like the UU of Perisans will always be the elephants that actually imported from India. And the UU of Franks in the Castles will always be Throwing Axemen that were somehow generic to the Germanic peoples, rather than the Frankish Paladins.

When it is true that the Armenians and Georgians, as settled peoples, also use mule carts as a traditional economic production tool, there is nothing wrong with giving them this in the game. If you want to make the nomadic civs more nomadic, you definitely have other ways.

At least make each range the same length so that only one circle appears on the ground.
Another way is to make the construction time of defensive buildings similar to the gold carrying amount of Trade Carts. The further away from the target

That’s another great idea, in the same vein as the original. Very nice. I can agree with that, nicely thought. We’ve just got to remember to adapt according with the map size.

You sure that having +1 range cavalry trainable in the Feudal age would not be broken? Especially for the Magyars and the Turks?

Honestly, I’m not sure. If it is we can make it like the Camel Scout. Leave it a Steppe Scout (0 range) until Castle Age when we can update it (in the case of the Camel Scout it’s updated automatically)

All of the Mesoamerican civs have no horse, that is why all of them have to have the Eagle Scouts.
Other civs have the Scout Cavalry. That is the diffirence.

It’s true that’s the original reasoning, but my idea stands - regional units add variety that align with History. The Steppe civs already have them in Castle Age, only thing left is to make them start with it too.

I’ve suggested to remove the UT, and make the Docks automatically upgrade to the Harbors once you have a Castle in the Castle age. Just saying.

That’s a good idea too, yes

Like the UU of Perisans will always be the elephants that actually imported from India

I may be mistaken, but remember reading that the reason the Persian elephants are so strong in comparison with the Battle Elephants is that they’re actually African elephants vs Indian elephants, much bigger in real life.

And the UU of Franks in the Castles will always be Throwing Axemen that were somehow generic to the Germanic peoples, rather than the Frankish Paladins.

I know :frowning: At least this patch has now got the idea of replacing the Paladin with the Frankish Paladin (like the Savar), so that’s an improvement

When it is true that the Armenians and Georgians, as settled peoples, also use mule carts as a traditional economic production tool, there is nothing wrong with giving them this in the game. If you want to make the nomadic civs more nomadic, you definitely have other ways.

I mean, they can still have the Mule Carts. I just think that it makes sense for the nomadic civs to have them too. There are even more ways to distinguish them further, true. In civ uniqueness AoE2 is a bit behind AoE3 and AoE4 (haven’t played AoE4 yet, on it I can only speak from vids and patch notes, I like reading them)

Honestly, honestly? I were in charge of the game I’d be at least considering the idea of not only regional buildings, not only regional units, but also regional passive bonuses. As a very quick example, imagine: ‘Nomadic civs: Villagers have +1 Line of Sight, Cavalry +5% movespeed’.

By the way, added (very conservatively) some more stats (in addition to the already existing):

"Aztecs: "
“- base Jaguar Warrior: Line of Sight 3 → 4 (it seems like an oversight that they have 3 LOS; Elite has 5)”
“- (Elite) Jaguar Warrior: movespeed 1 → 1.1; upgrade cost 1000 Food, 500 Gold → 1000 400 Gold”

"Italians: "
"- new passive: ‘Gambesons free’ " (removed free from Slavs)

Improved Korean stats too:
"Koreans: "
"- receive Hoardings " (surprised they don’t have it)
"- remove passive ‘Villagers +3 line of sight’ "
“- ‘Archers and Infantry cost -50% wood’ → ‘Archers cost -50% wood’ (?)”
"- new passive: Walls and Towers are built 20% faster "
"- Eupseong effect: ‘Watch Towers, Guard Towers and Keeps have +2 range’ → ‘Watch Towers, Guard Towers, Keeps have +2 range, are built and repaired 10% faster’ "
"- removed Kataparuto as a Japanese Unique Tech (and passive idea) and moved part of its effect to a new Koreans passive: ‘Trebuchets fire 25% faster and pack/unpack 2X faster’ (actually realistic, unlike the Japanese having it; there is historical evidence to suggest that the Koreans utilized trebuchets and other siege engines during the medieval period, likely coming from the Chinese and Mongols invasions) "