Hunting Expeditions Tech Supersedes Hudsons Bay Company?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: V. 100.15.30007.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The Canadian Hudson’s Bay Company does not seem to stack on any villager types with the House of Oldenburg’s Hunting Expeditions Technology. It shows up as 0.15 for C.D.B.s & Voyageurs & the Left Alone Huntsmen Native Villager Unit (not upgraded to the Hunter) has a coin gather rate of 0.12 WHEN ONLY the House of Oldenburg Tech is researched (it’s supposed to be 0.10), but perhaps with faster gather rates this changes things. When I revolt & get the Hudson’s Bay Company Home City Card as Canada afterwards (HAVE NOT TRIED THE CARD THEN TECH - Vice Versa), there is no visible U.I. increase to the gather rate of coin/coin trickle. The Hudson’s Bay Company is actually supposed to give 0.15 coin as it’s gather/trickle rate so it be even more ‘since Voyageurs’ gather faster.

This seems like a bug to me - even if just a U.I. one, but if it’s part of the actual game that could be up to the thousands of coin lost over the course of even just a few minutes (0.35 coin per second x 40 villes is 14 gold per second which is essentially 13 coin miners).

Also brought up a discussion of Canada not giving the Huntsmen + 17 damage despite being classified as a villager with that TAG - 'Unit Tag Exceptions' More Prevalent in AoE III than II?. If it is because there is a Villager versus Villager (Economic) tag difference then a quick note of that would be much appreciated.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100% of the time in game that I have seen & in replays there is no U.I. change/difference.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play as French on a map with the House of Oldenburg & research it’s Hunting Expeditions Technology.
  2. Revolt into Canada and have the Hudson’s Bay Company Home City Card delivered.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The U.I. for the Voyageurs & Huntsmen (alongside other villager types), should read 0.1 + 0.15 coin as stated by the tech & home city cards… BUT if the Courier De Bois/Voyageurs change these maths alongside the House of Oldenburg Huntsmen, then an approximate 0.15 + 0.225 = 0.375 coin per Hunting Voyageur would exist assuming 0.10 becomes 0.15 (50% increase) with 0.15 x 1.5 = 0.225 coin per second.

Thus either the U.I. numbers should be different (AND I ACTUALLY am getting the bonus coin per second whilst hunting). Or there is a bug where the Hunting Expeditions Technology is taking precedence & this is SEEN/DISPLAYED by the U.I properly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Record Game 2023-12-09 16-31-51.age3Yrec (13.6 MB)