I can't download from the store

Myself and a friend are having the same issue. I dont think its us, its microsoft store thats the problem. I have a friend who bought the game through steam and it updated his game perfect.

@SobSoldier can I ask what country you are from? I am from India. Trying to figure out if the issue is country specific.

I purchased this game a few weeks ago, downloaded and installed fine . . yay … all happy. 4 days ago I try to start the game it says it has a problem and needs to re-download the 12g install files and re-install WTF !!!

Follow the bouncing ball … start the download 281.4mb download stops WTF!!! try the download on 2 x pc’s and 2 x VM’s all the same issue.

so to ask the question WTF is going on? Can i download via steam using the microsoft purchase or would I have to re-buy?

cheers

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. I already spent quite a few hours with Microsoft Level 1 and 2 support. They could not fix the problem. Now it will be escalated to level 3.
Tried to Sign out > Sign in to Microsoft store, reset store cache, reset store, repair windows install, create new user, reset network settings, and many more options still no luck.

1 Like

I’m sharing the same exact problem!!!
Downloads 281.4MB/12.55GB and then freezes. Literally can watch as the connection speed drops to 0 and then I get the errors.

Have spent literally over 12 hours on support with Microsoft going through ALL of the suggestions - wsreset, uninstall the store, resintall the store, clean boot - even downloaded different games at their request to make sure it was just AoE.

It’s super frustrating when I just wanna play AoE :frowning:

Kind of crazy that this keeps on happening with every update to this game and the MS Store. I stopped trying back in December, and have finally gotten around to fully reinstalling Windows, among other things to try to address issues with the Store that I think I caused when trying to troubleshoot the game originally … and I walk right into another bugged update and 281.4MB of nothing. Talk about timing!

It would be swell if we could get this addressed. Googling suggests that people have managed with the use of a VPN, but that should in no way be required.

I have the exact same problem. Please help :wink:

Definitely a bit odd… I even tested it further by trying to download other games. I could download Football Manager 2020 and Minecraft Dungeons but I couldn’t download any AoE title at all.

I’ve had the same problem for over a week now, so good to see I’m not alone. I think it’s either regional (I’m in Australia) or something about the PC, because on my laptop the June update installed fine, but on my desktop it failed stuck at 281.4mb and left me without DE to play. Everything to do with resetting the store, or loading from the web store or xbox app store is a dead end, I tried them all multiple times over and over for nearly a week.

I ended up buying it again, second time on Steam. So I have the Store version on my laptop and Steam version on my desktop. Annoyingly settings, mods and hotkeys don’t sync even though my xbox account is in common.

That’s a shame to hear - I hope we get an answer soon. I think the issue is with their servers (I’m in New Zealand) and I tried to download all the AoE titles from the store but couldn’t download any of them. Hopefully we can get a reply about what’s going on :frowning:

Just had another crack and managed to install the game, Australia region may be fixed.

In case it makes a difference:

• Used the ‘Xbox (Beta)’ App,
  • Ran as administrator.
1 Like

Interesting observation. I am in Australia as well.
Tried an hour back, couldn’t get past 281.4MB, but as @frank2165 suggested it seems to have changed.
Started download again and now it’s at 1.2GB and downloading.
Will post if the game is downloaded successfully.
BTW this time I tried it using Xbox(Beta) App.
Cheers.

Happy to report, a game downloaded fine and I was able to play a multiplayer game as well.
Feels good to be back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice I am beyond 281.4MB now myself, but every time it so much as pauses it is going to freak me out lol. Weird stuff, and seriously just the worst timing from my perspective.

Legend Mate, Im pretty sure this is a cache issue with the windows store files located in Australia. I have a sneeking suspicion that xbox install runs from overseas probably in the US. Great pickup and thanks for the info … 2gb down already very much thanks for the info

Hi, i’m located in France and I have troubles as well. Game was fine yesterday, and today i couldn’t start the game. I couldn’t find how to delete or repair the game. When I click on “install”, it just does nothing. Nothing changes.
So now i don’t know what i’m supposed to do, i can’t download.

EDIT : well it just… restarted working. i’ve never seen this, i don’t know what I did that did the trick. Let’s just pray it doesn’t fail on me again…

I used to play AoE long time ago and I recently bought the game again!! the first time i downloaded it it worked perfectly i play 3-4 times but right now i cannot find the game on my computer anymore like it uninstalled by itself?! i’m trying to re download it but when I click on install nothing is happening not even an error message. please help i really want to play again

This fixed it for me:
Start Power Shell as administrator( dont use cmd!!) and type: „get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers“
then type: „start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN“
Microsoft store opens
Install the app
Then install the App you want to download.