I don't think the British Ranger changes have been properly thought through

LB are amazing but cannot kite. Rangers have high burst damage and good mobility, as well as a decent multiplier. Both have their uses.

I agree with the ranger locked behind a card, but without replacing the LB. You would need to get its own upgrade though. Maybe the Brit church card could do a “Tirailleurs”-like replacement : all your LB become Rangers.

On a final note, Brit had two Jaegers shipments for a reason : it was their way of dealing with HI balls.
Maybe the ranger is a change meant for treaty only. In that case i will let treaty players talk about it better than i

Yeah, the card that transforms/replaces the Longbowmen, turning them into Rangers, is pointless now, since the church card does it now, but for more money.

Though I prefer the Longbowmen, their range is just so good, even with the recent nerf.

not really useless. an age 4 gold card give you 1500 which is less than the 2000 gold the church cost.
And not everyone take the church card. I’m still meh on the thin red line even with the drummer (and you can’t replace the drummer either)

The Siege Archery card doesnt specify it buffs Rangers though but the Yeoman card does so I guess Siege Archery applies a hidden buff? It seems pretty confusing to me and I play the Brits and try to keep up with the patches.

I’m not even sure why they have these transforming cards its pretty weird and I dont think it happens anywhere else

I think it applies to both units. The card and description change after sending the ranger card is purely aesthetic. You do not need to re-send it.

Seriously with such a mess I’d rather they just unlock the ranger at age IV by default and repurpose the card to do sth more interesting.

3 Likes

I think longshot archer should only have the ‘veteran’ upgrade, and ranger be available from age 3 by default. After all it is a very Aracaic unit.

Siege archery turns into ranger combat right?

Both cards do their thing for both units. It doesn’t matter which you send.

But, the name and icon of the card changes when you send the Rangers card.

This is 50% of my suggestion - this needs to be made into something which is readily understandable and doesn’t require separate testing.

The mess of ranger-related cards and techs seem to me as a leftover of a very conservative, gradual progress in the fear of strong resistance from the “old” players at every single step.
But now that most other reworks are quite radical, maybe they could be cleaned up for clearer purposes.

4 Likes