I guess there's just no helping some people

DISCLAIMER: I’m a standard ‘Inter’, as those who play with me will testify. I’m nothing special.

Late on last night, after a few hectic and frenetic standard/normal setting 4v4/3v3 games I fancied a bit of a chill out.

I saw a game in the lobby ‘2v2 no rush’. Ok that’ll do.

Joined the room. P1 and P2 were teamed on 1 so I went team 2. 4th person joined, no specific rules were discussed so I assumed basic ‘get to Iron, build army, attack’

Team 1 civ choice looked a bit archer-y so I went Macedonian for some Centurion lolz. Map was Inland, set to Explored

Game kicked off.

I did a normal boom, super easy when you can see all your resource spots. Got to Iron, built a stack of Academies, trained up to Centurion, pumped out a load, then attacked. I should not that my ally was still playing sim city.

The scores told me I was a bit in front.

Long story short: I trashed P1’s base. He said I was a ‘total blert’ or something, told me this was supposed to be No Rush. He quit, I then trashed his allies base. Game over at 58 minutes. My ally didn’t get involved.

Looking at the stats on exit, P1 and 2 both had 50 odd vills max, I was on 93. So, failure to boom in a No Rush was their problem, so I thought I’d try to help. P1 also tribbed over 25k resource to P2 before quitting, so he didn’t even invest what he was gathering properly.

Back in the lobby, same room title 2v2 No Rush, same 3 players. I joined, they were initially quite rude and P2 encouraged P1 to kick me. I stayed calm, despite being told that if I had waited properly until 50 minutes my base would have been ‘lit up’.

L.O.L.

I tried to explain to them that they need to TC boom in Bronze, get those vills pumped out and focus on those high value Iron units. It doesn’t really matter how well planned and tidy your base is.

They calmed down a bit, but had REVENGE on their mind. I was told 'No attack until 30 minutes, and P1 went Macedonian this time, hoping to give me a taste of my bullet proof Centurion medicine. Hmmm ok then, if it’s a foot war you want, I’ll go Choson, I said to myself.

Game started, me with the same ally as the previous one. Map Inland, Explored.

At 31 minutes I attacked. Choson flood on P1 from two sides. Over v quickly. Legion and ballista tower push on walled and towered P2, slightly tougher but ended soon enough.

I tried to talk to them again at game end, with some tips etc. Stony silence.

Stats showed similar story, not enough vills, not enough military, heavy tribbing.

Back in the lobby, saw a new game ‘2v2 No Rush NO PROS’ Same 3 people. I joined, not intending to play, but just to have a chat, because the more you know, the better fun you have.

I got insta-kicked.

I guess there’s just no helping some people…

What you described here is basically the result of the game not having a ladder system. It’s not their fault, they were just looking for a good game, but since they were so far below you in skill they had no way of having an even match with you. And due to the lack of any rankings they had no way of knowing this until after the game.

If I encounter such games, I just build up a huge base and hit the pop limit, and do some tease scouting to get a handle on where they’re at. Most of those treaty games are casual or kids etc. I like playing that style too as long as they aren’t just hitting iron at 1 hr :slight_smile:

@qweytr24 said:
What you described here is basically the result of the game not having a ladder system. It’s not their fault, they were just looking for a good game, but since they were so far below you in skill they had no way of having an even match with you. And due to the lack of any rankings they had no way of knowing this until after the game.

Exactly! And this will continue to happen to them. We really need some sort of ranking

Nothing unusual in any games tbh.

SOP

@qweytr24 said:

Well, they (or he, p1) being mad about losing a fair non-rush game, it is his own fault. Yeah theres no ladder in the game, still looking for a path(finding trololo) to get it in. It’s an rts, this happens and yeah, It’s their own fault for fking up and tribbing 30k resources.