I kindly ask to de devs to look at this Excel File from the Viper and to make some balance changes and mini reworks

What they did have tho was a hidden +2 anti-cav archer armor, which meant they were partially protected against skirmisher and it can explain why they were harder to counter.

I guess that’s why they have bad archer, because the +1 attack m@a+the ability to stack forging was deemed too strong I guess.Just like Bulgarian have no crossbows so they can’t just drush into archer all day.

I mean besides archers they are good everywhere else, aside from the navy which is just average. And I think that the devs will stick with the “1 armor only” idea, since they did tha with Malay too and did it again with Tatars in DE.

Yeah that’s right but it does only make a difference vs skirms and not vs regular archers which is the main talking point in castle age I guess.

Their maa are strong but fine imo. Japanese get even stronger maa and FU archers but you’re correct Burmese are pretty flexible leaving aside the archery range. What makes them feel akward to me at times seems that they have a lot of unusual options: After maa you can go archers but you probably need to switch at some point in mid castle age. Your opponent might be already on archers/skirms vs your archers so arambai isnt always a good option plus you need a castle for them. I feel like in a lot of games you basically are forced to transition into a lot of knights which will get you FU cavalier in imp but nothing extraordinary apart from a potential bonus vs buildings. You have an eco bonus which is solid in feudal and castle age but afterwards not really important. You have great monks but such a big commitment to them is very situational and risky. Elephants are really vulnerable, too. So their options are good altogether but their meta game isnt all that convincing especially after all those recent civ buffs.

They have amazing, yet unconventional options. 50% off monastery techs, so going for monksis super viable. Great infantry, and great elephants, with cheaper faith. I really like them, altough, yeah, maybe they could be use some kind of help against archers.

Well, if you think Burmese can’t handle archer then there is a way to make someone happy https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/9s5a80/st4rk_finds_out_burmese_dont_have_siege_onagers/

Turks have a similar issue with trash skirmishers and only mangonels.

But I think that’s the point. All civs need some sort of weakness.