I see Franks are still top dogs?

Thing is though, the berry bonus can be recycled for another civ. Nerfing the HP bonus will make it inconsistent, when the devs have been trying to keep things this way (see viking inf HP). We are at a stage where the possible bonuses quite frankly (pun not intended lol) are running out. And I’d rather have the berry one on a civ that actually needs it, be it DLC or not, rather than franks, who don’t need it.

Their winrate will drop from 54% to 50%. How is that bad? The berry bonus isn’t insignificant, but it’s not that great either. Used to be broken, now it’s half a vil on berries, the slowest gathered resource.

4 Likes

You fail to understand. The gold mining doesn’t matter. The berry bonus does. It let’s them get up to feudal faster and pump out scouts faster.

And gutter franks eco in the process.

I think nerfing the hp bonus makes it more consistent. Most civs with cavalry bonuses, thry dont kick in until castle age.

It might also gutter them. Nerfing scout hp makes sense since franks are supp9sed to be a knight civ.

2 Likes

Also your suggestions are bad. You can’t take away halberdier from them without making throwing axes counter cavalry, and their lategame isn’t great to begin with, all the nerfs you proposed only affect lategame.

In fact, franks besides the paladins have one of the worst lategames- no hussar, no skirms, no SO, no arb etc.

It’s their early game that needs a nerf, not late.

This is why… remove the berry bonus.

literally the only one they had before, while they were bottom tier, that i mentioned is free farms.
Chivalry was introduced alongside the berry bonus, and its clear that the former is what drastically improved their viability and not the latter.

Besides, the old Franks didnt have squires and the hp bonus applied only to knight line. So removing berry bonus is OK and not a huge nerf.

4 Likes

Gut franks eco? Free farm bonus not enough? Free bloodlines not enough?

Admit it, either you are french or a franks main. This discussion is nonsensical and you are arguing against statistical data and analysis.

Also I’d say that the moment we get a new dlc where the berry bonus will be justified, it will be moved to another civ, like the mining upgrades.

1 Like

That’s why I suggested removing the scout hp bonus. It’s an early game nerf.
Franks eco is bad with berries gone.

1 Like

Yeah because franks eco is so good with berries removed.

So what, some civs don’t have a single eco bonus, why should franks have 2???

Clearly not. It didn’t carry them before.

No. If I main anything it’s random.

franks
:rofl:

Never mind bros, I just realized we are arguing with someone with 900 elo.

This conversation is over, have a pleasant sunday :slight_smile:

Some civs have lots of military bonuses. Why should franks only have 1?

Yeah bud. That’s why franks are frequently leading before chivalry ecen gets researched. And their winrate goes down in rhe late game.

I’m all for nerfing franks. I just think outright removal of berries is not the way. I’d rather hit their scouts. The same stats shows that franks strength is early mid game.

Nerfing berries would hurt and I think it would hurt too much. Look what happened to Persians with removing dark age tc bonus.

1 Like

Oh? i guess pikes doesn’t counter cav :clown_face:
someone should tell that to every civ that doesn’t have halberds tech, like Vikings who used to be severely handicapped by that fact until they buffed berserks vs. cav.

since my suggestions are so bad, yet a nerf is clearly needed based on data, why don’t you have a go at it since you know exactly how to balance them then?

i fundamentally disagree, Franks are really strong late game, in fact that is arguably where they shine the most.

Uhh Franks DO have Skirms (Elite) and who needs Siege Onagers and Hussars when you’ve got OP paladins with basically the same radius of vision and BBCs?
the fact they don’t have arbalests is fine since they get hand cannons to compensate for the lack thereof.

You mean the vikings who have an insane economy and can out produce everyone, thus having a numbers advantage, while also having an hp advantage, and also having chieftains?

1 Like

i suppose they start turning to crap when all the gold is gone from the map, which means no more paladins, hence why they dip at 40+.

pretty self explanatory tbh.

Nope. Vikings have 2 bonuses for their pikes, aztecs do too.

Literally 30% winrate. Everyone knows they are perhaps the worst civ once gold runs out, alongside malians, which had this addressed in the last patch.

Without bracer and armor? Sure they do lmao.

Because gold doesn’t last forever, and the game is primarily balanced around 1v1, not TG, even though it’s taken into consideration.

God…

2 Likes

And frankly paladins are anything but guaranteed in 1v1. Even for franks.

1 Like

IDK if that’s a good argument here. Persians had that for like one patch and then they returned to their original balance. Persians are in a good spot balance wise.

Also saying that the whole power of Franks comes from their berry bonus is naive in my opinion. It was reduced a couple of patches ago and their play and win rate didn’t change at all. Obviously the berries are irrelevant and only make their ealry game a little bit smoother.

2 Likes