I see IV is on sale. Is it worth it yet?

If any ones deciding to buy the game should watch Aussie Drongos outback octagon videos. Shows what multiplayer / custom games can be like.

To many toxic haters in these forums lol

Try reddit for people that like to discussion how to impove the game, strats and who enjoy the game

6 Likes

nope. reddit censor critics as there’s so many that claim here the same. The only reason why this forum is like this as you said is because the amount of bs that players have to carry along this game lifespan. Unfortunatelly is true, aoe 4 is not in a good shape.

3 Likes

If your plan with AoE IV is to mostly do…

Multiplayer content: Absolutely go for it

Some single and some multi player content: Go for it

Single player content: wait until deeper discount and DLC

Co-op multiplayer: Absolutely don’t go for it

No hay necesidad de argumentos a favor o en contra del juego. Solo tienes que suscribirte a GamePass. Pruébalo, luego decide quedarte o irte.

haha yes, sometimes i ask myself what toxic whinners doing in this forum. some guys not even play the game and also spam toxic stuff. take jimmyrandomnumber for example.

2 Likes

Currently a -25% discount is good, from RTS or/and MOBA experienced players’ instantly purchasing is ok I think. to other players I recommend a demo(?) version in XBOX pass.

I recommend buying it on a platform like cdkeys. The discount there is bigger and you can play it on Steam.

Most of my friends bought it also on cdkeys.

34%… still not 50% discount

I don’t want to start same discussion over and over, but I would like to point, that if player searching for !NEW! (yes, some of us are dont like to play same game for 5-10-20 years) solid rts - AoE4 is a way to go. As i said - there is no big classic rts for last 9 years.
P.s. And i dont understand this popular “not yet” - is something game-changing will be released in nearest 3-4 month? I dont think so. Even if there will be new civ in, like, december - game will not become suddenly amazing.

Mira depende es cosa tuya si quieres comprarlo o no colega, bajo mi punto de vista le falta bastante, para el punto de vista de otros no esta mal en contenido como esta, pero al final del día, eso míralo tu colega

I hope you didnt go for the idea that “I just want to play this because I want to go in the trendy stuff”. Tha kind of mentality damage the game industry because they want the game to go live whatever the actual quality it is and its costing this time aoe reputation. Otherwise yeah I understand the point but games are now in the art-like status because they require some creativity and time to impress like an art thing. Specially with high budget and complex genre like rts. Also the game is now confirmed that went from scratch again at some point in the mid of the development according to this forum and the new leak about a aoe alpha scrap. So the actual release of a something new in rts should be in 10 years from that start over point.

I wonder how long till they stop fixing it and start cranking out DLC?

That will not be a good day.

All this thoughts dont change situation. Game industry market are not showing anything good for last decade, and AoE4 is just something not bad and worth to give your time. Not more, not less. People can blame devs and publisher in all sins, but situation will not change.

Was on the fence for the past few days, then decided to grabbed it. Now installing :smiley:

1 Like

if there something to blame, it mean it’s not worthy to play it and give our time and money. so proyects like aoe 4 that are luckluster don’t overwhelm the market and better quality games can take their place or for the betterness aoe 4 gets better so it reclaim it’s quality that everyone here wants from it.

1 Like

No, Reddit censors toxics that do not contribute anything to the game or the community, there is greater moderation. I have seen many critics, but they can be downvoted or not. The problem is that many critics do not like to be criticized. The world works like this.

yup but that same reason why their opinion is so biased because the same structure of it makes circlejerk social structure grow in that site. For a game that requires feedback to fix the main issues requires unbiased and not taking everything from that page. saying that because most devs are more active in that forum.

1 Like

i’d say a big no but it depends on what mode you like to play and what your level of skill is. If you are skilled (this means a very good to excellent player) and like common mode (destroy all wonders, attack at any time) yes, you will have a good time.

If you consider yourself, good to poor level of skill / noob. and you like treaty mode, forget it, dont but it, imo this game was tailored for good players in any random matching game against pros you dont last more than 15 minutes.

If you just want to have fun and dont mind making it into big ranks and leagues and do not mind losing many times in a row at low level of skill, go ahead buy it.

1 Like

Guess I’ll wait and see where we are in October.

I’ve got so much content in 3:DE it’s not like I’m lacking for something to play.

3 Likes

best case but I highly doubt it will change in few months

1 Like