I think it is time to say thank you

Hello Commuty,

I think i speak for all where love Age of Empires, i am play since the begin, i am was young and i didn’t know what is a computer game or a RTS. When i was played it as the first time, i think wow this is fantastic and i play this game so long and so much. Now 20 years later, i play this game all day where i can.

I will thanks the Community that make this game so big, i will thanks Microsoft they didnt give Age of Empires up.
It isn`t Age of Empires 4 but its a new chance for it. Play it love the game and kill youre enemy.

THANK YOU ALL!

See you at the battlefield

From a true fan.

(Sry for the bad english :hushed:)

Dont say thank you until the game is released in an acceptable state, AoM was a mess and gets no support there is no reason to thank anyone for what they did to that game.

Ah I’m happy it’s coming out. Don’t pre-gripe lol.

@HaiCinderella said:

THANK YOU ALL!

See you at the battlefield

From a true fan.

(Sry for the bad english :hushed:)

:slight_smile: Nice post…no sorry needed as your words came across just fine!

@smitske aoe1 was nice at the beginning and now come a remake
aoe2 was nice and they make with nothing a HD edition for us and we can play easy online
aom was nice, yes they didnt make the remake perfect but is was ok and make for me fun
aoe3 was very nice too
aoeo was a good game but has the false marceting managment.

@HaiCinderella said:
@smitske aoe1 was nice at the beginning and now come a remake
aoe2 was nice and they make with nothing a HD edition for us and we can play easy online
aom was nice, yes they didnt make the remake perfect but is was ok and make for me fun
aoe3 was very nice too
aoeo was a good game but has the false marceting managment.

THe originals were nice, I am not denying that. I am a big fan if I wasnt I would not be here thats why it annoys me so much that they messed up the rereleases and refuse to support some of them properly.

The remake for AoM was bad, the DLC was a disaster. Nothing is done about that.
The HD remake for AoE 2 was also not good and it went unsupported for a long time too. Its better now yes but most remakes on release were terrible and they dont all get the support they deserve.

We will look, but i am happy with the result.

I can play with no problem with my friends and have the game on all of my 3 Pc`s :blush:

I think the AoE remakes have kinda ruined their reputation. I want physical results before I’m going to really say ‘thank you’

All I can say for now is, I really hope this isn’t another {MOD EDIT: No profanity please} low budget marketing scheme (like AoM EE)

I’m happy it’s coming, and I’ll thank the devs for their hard work - once I see a working product, that is. I do agree with the others that the AoM remake left a lot to be desired, but the RoN and AoEII ones were fine imo. Just give me something I can enjoy myself with…

@RWNorthPole said:
I’m happy it’s coming, and I’ll thank the devs for their hard work - once I see a working product, that is. I do agree with the others that the AoM remake left a lot to be desired, but the RoN and AoEII ones were fine imo. Just give me something I can enjoy myself with…

*give us something that isn’t horribly unbalanced, buggy as hell and dlcs with reused models

@UnseatedParty66 why is by you all negative?
They make a Beta they will the help from the community, they will it make perfect.
But all what you say is negative.
I think it cool what they give us, that they make a Beta for us.

@HaiCinderella said:
They make a Beta they will the help from the community, they will it make perfect.

Because we have seen what the real goal behind this is (easy cash because of brand name) and how disrespectful they treated this series already in the past, and still do for AoM. They did betas there too, just didnt do a thing with what they got told.

In favour of DE, the fail devs from Skybox are not involved, they usually are the ones that make a mess of things.

@HaiCinderella said:

Have you ever played AoM EE? It’s bad, especially a couple years ago (or shortly after the chinese came out). No wonder I’m being so cynical about it. Like I said before - I’ll just try and not be too happy about it until of course, I can actually play the game (or I see Zero Empires or a different youtuber play it).

I have played AoM EE yeah it dosen’t be perfect but its ok and you can play it.

@HaiCinderella said:
I have played AoM EE yeah it dosen’t be perfect but its ok and you can play it.

it okay as long as you ignore a lot of unneeded lag (I have a potato PC, meaning the graphics are actually worse than the original AoM game because reasons), units clipping through walls, units clipping through gold mines meaning they can’t get out anymore, spamming vermillion birds 1v2 while playing against the hardest counters is still easy peasy (this was when the chinese were released), new egyptian raiding units that lose 1v1 against a normal villager, constant desyncs in the past, ending every multiplayer game with an error message and best of all - “balancing” the atlanteans (removing everything that’s good and turning every useless unit / godpower into a little bit better unit / godpower but still shit).

Of course that’s not even to mention the Chinese DLC re used some (if not all) already existing models and used the community to create the campaigns. Well, I honestly don’t blame those poor developers with their poor budgets, I think it wrong to blame them, I think we should join point our fingers at whoever is giving them the instructions (deadlines, money, etc).

I even heard from one contact of mine that helped making the DLC that some variables of the Vermillion bird were changed on the last minute before being released, this just goes to show how flexible this DLC was! Becides that, when they promised a release stream the stream was delayed by one hour. Even more proof that - the deadlines are in deed giving a bad name to the developers.

Well not just the deadlines but skybox their failing management and developers.
Luckily they arent involved with DE.

@smitske said:
Well not just the deadlines but skybox their failing management and developers.
Luckily they arent involved with DE.

Deadlines was certainly one of the main reasons (like many games / dlcs) failed, but you get my point

About time, I say! Age of Empires 1 definitely deserves to be brought back into the modern world.

I can sign your Congratulations, too!
I was 18 years old, than AoE 1 was released… It was a new revelation of gaming computers… AoE combined the popular RTS Genre with the claim of orginial faithfull aspect of Humankinds History… from the Stone Age to the first steps of becoming an civilized Nation… the graphics was extra ordinary evolved… the immersion in this game was breathtaking… the music was a so good, you’ll get an erwig from it :slight_smile: It was a milestone for RTS after Dune2/C&C/WC Franchise and for Strategy Games after Civilization 1. It was this special combination of the very successful parts of his predecessors.

So thank you very mutch Ensemble Studios with Bruce Shelley, the mastermind of AoE. He’s work together with Sid Meier on Civ 1, enabled him and Ensemble Studios years later, to establish the very successful AoE Franchise. (in simplified terms)

Thank you very mutch
from a great AoE Fallower

Sure, the finished product isn’t out yet, but I give a huge thank you anyway! Thank you for trying to renew this game and hopefully giving life again to a stagnant RTS genre. I hope for the best and hope to help get it there. I also cannot wait for the next announcement!