I want to choose the Map that I play in 1v1

I dont like Island, Mega Randon ,Arena and Hideout. Give us another ban option. Always 3 maps that is good. and we need to ban at least 4. 2022 and we dont have the option to play the map that we like ???

3 Likes

Do you know that there is an lobby ingame? You can host your own game with whatever settings you like. So you can play the map you like!

6 Likes

Three bans is plenty

3 Likes

The date has absolutely nothing to do with it

4 Likes

you get to vote on the map pool
you get to ban almost half the map pool
if you still dont like it you can make a lobby with whatever settings you like

3 Likes

2022 belongs to the new era, developers chose to redefine AOE II as an esports game. No more Random Civ, no more Vanilla Arabia style. They have their own perception of the game, and sadly there is nothing we can do about it.

That’s not how we were playing for 20 years, but RIP…

1 Like

If it was up to me there would be no bans, you’d get a random map pool automatically generated and a map would be selected randomly :rofl: Be thankful you have 3 bans, ban the ones you hate the most, and learn to play the others :slight_smile: or play lobby games and enjoy.

1 Like

I hate maps like Arena and Hideout and Island

Instead of bans, there should be something like “pick your maps, minimum 1 or 2 or 3”. So people who are willing to wait longer, can pick their maps, sometimes when queue times are long, you can pick more.
I usually like nomad(especially when people go random) makes games unique and you see all kinds of unit. Fortress and arena are not my kind and arabia is usually pretty meta for my likings.
Someone said about lobby thing, that is useless, people got nothing to lose there and they quit way too easy and go unpunished, especially TG-s with random people.
Currently going solo in TG-s is already a very bad system, 3v3 and 4v4, you get only 1 ban which leaves 8 maps on the table and then people are getting often maps they dont like.

1 Like

This looks like the average TG on the ranked ladder.

Get over yourself already. Making passive aggressive comments every time you can and flaming everyone doesn’t make you any friends, it just annoys most people. If you don’t like the current system, there is nothing stopping you from playing on Voobly, or making your own game.

3 Likes

AllergicTable49’s point is valid. The devs chose to alienate those of us who stayed dedicated to this game for over 20 years. The devs and this new majority of players (who I doubt will stick around for 20 years) isn’t leaving a place for us.