I WASTED my whole life reporting DE bugs and NONE were fixed

That would be a cool cheat code for them to make, if they haven’t already. Letting ships sail anywhere they want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or more generally make all terrain passable for all units

1 Like

It is not a bug, it is a feature.

2 Likes

Aoe1 has the Flying Dutchman cheat code that enables siege ships to sail across land. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im happy to report that the bug I reported actually was fixed as fast as the next patch. It was a small bug where researching the viking castle age unique tech appeared to research another tech.

So they must read some bug reports. I made sure my report contained precisely everything they asked.

1 Like

Your time wasn’t wasted at all, you did what any QA person typically does, discover bugs and add them to the LOOOOONG backlog of other thousands of other bugs. It’s extremely important to document any and all bugs.

If the bugs you reported weren’t fixed, that means there are dozens of higher priority bugs still in progress. Also it helps a ton if you report how to reproduce a bug/crash, if you figure out which buttons/actions leads to the crash, a dev could take care of it in less than 8 hours. If the bugs you reported did not describe how to cause the game to crash, then it could take awhile for the devs to get to this phase of the bug fix:

Also, remember AOE2:DE is not a triple-A title. You only paid $20 for the game, the cheapest programmers and QA testers expect at least a 75k yearly salary including health insurance and 401K.

IM guessing there’s a total of 10 people assigned to AOE2:DE at the very least, which means if I were extremely generous, a tiny team of 10 people still costs you $40,000 per month to support.

2 Likes

How is it a feature?

That could be another code. I’d want just ships on land as a Phase 1 cheat code. Would make the game cazy, but not too crazy. Your idea would be a Phase 2 level of chaos, for gamers who so desire pure craziness :slight_smile: