Idea for Holland in 1vs1

Early Dragoons with Ports is grossly OP. Age 2 Ranged Cavalry is way too strong, because most civs do not have Age 2 Skirmishers to handle them, and Crossbows/Archers are usually not good enough at it.

Age 2 Ruyters would have the same issue.

The civ would pretty much have skirm/goon on age 2 which is way too strong.
I would like to see a buff to dutch early game but that is not the way to go.
I think that just adding extra 50w on their crate start would help a lot.
The issue with dutch early game is that you have to chop 350w and collect 350 in transition and that results in dutch having low ressources for units early game and often having iddle tc time once they hit age 2.
Vills gather wood considerably slower than other ressources, so +50w would really help as that gathering time can be spent on gathering coin for example which dutch vills already have a hidden bonus for.
Also coffee trade is a not worth it either because all of your military becomes slower, so they could add a cost to it and remove the speed penalty.

1 Like

They should buff the Logistician, and have it deliver 1 Banks and 1 Military Wagons.

50w is not a bad idea but I do not think it is enough, that would only help you if you lost a villager if they made you a hard rush.

the coffee route, I think it is a fundamental card and the penalty would have to be changed, perhaps to the speed of creation of the units

That would be great, but I see it very op

Maybe only the bank would be fine

I don’t, the Swedes already get a Military Wagon and an Arsenal Wagon on their Logistician, and they have Adv Arsenal as a civ bonus.

It does not get better than that, to be honest.

I also think all Logisticians should be 800 Food like all Age Up options.

It takes 3500 resources to have all 5 banks. And most players know that there are many things the Dutch have to give up in order to have a bank. That’s why Dutch players mostly go to 3ages without building all banks. Even if the bank’s price is discounted to 300f 300w, they need 3000 resources to have 5 banks. Five banks are essential for the Netherlands to have a strong economy in the 3ages, but it is still difficult to collect 3000 resources. Even if there is an additional 50 of the initial Wood Crate, it will only give you a chance to build a bank faster, and it will not be the perfect buff for the Dutch.

Also, they have to make the most of the skirmishers have 15 damage to defend themselves. Because they don’t have musketeers, they are helpless by a lot of cavalry spam. In addition, they consume 50f 65g each. The more skirmishers or pikemen they have, the more they lose the opportunity to build a bank. Building a wall means that Dutch too will give up the rush in order to prevent the opponent from attacking. In that case, it could be destroyed by opponent 's 3TC boom and all TP occupations. As you know, the Dutch’s economic power in the second half is not very good.

That’s insane, 1 bank is 700 resources
for an age2 politician it would be way too much(don’t forget usually age2 politicians give around 400-500 resources) dutch needs a buff but this would be way too much IMO

They could also increase the bonus that dutch vills get when gathering coin.
This + 50w could help.
It would help the civ early game but it wouldn’t make it op later on cuz you wouldn’t have that many vills on coin anyway

1 bank+military wagon+vet halb.
That would be insane.
The logistician option for dutch is actually quite good.
The fact that you don’t have to spend wood on anticav makes it very worth it.

True, but most Age 2 politicians give you flexibility, and cost 100 Food less, while the Logistician gives you very concrete bonii, and you always Age Up later, due to increased cost.

With the Quartermaster, you can choose what to do with that 400 Wood, but with the Logistician, you get what you get.

No, just 1 Bank + 1 Military Wagon, no Vet Halberdier.

the best maybe will be, that the villagers will cost 80 coins (when you revolutionize the villagers cost 70) and that the banks cost 350f and 300w

These Vet Halbs are really useful since only a batch of them are way more relevant in keeping cav out of your skirms and their siege is only the double of pikes.

And since they cost gold you can focus your eco in just food/gold and rely on shipments for wood.

I am not saying its ideal, but its very playable

1 Like

Agree.
I think the vet halb politician should stay as it is too. I really enjoy using it sometimes too.
The age up is very situational but when it works it works.

1 Like

They can be aggressive if you play for it, its the same if you go viginia company with britain

Not the same at all.
Brits can pull a lot more vills and a lot more units early and their boom is way cheaper and faster while Dutch needs to spend 700 ressources on each bank otherwise they just won’t keep up, and they simply can’t pull a large amount of units early to rush someone.
They can be a bit aggressive in certain match ups though.

They can still rush with an ok amout