[IDEA] Optional random mirror-setting for ranked

Hey there,

I just want to share an idea for ranked, which should be an easy to implement QoL-change.
I’m not sure if someone already came up with this, I just want to make sure it gets some attention :wink:

In the civ selection for ranked games make a box, which can be ticked and is labeled “random mirror”.
If both players (or all players for team games) have it enabled the following game will be a random mirror - otherwise both (or all^^) players will just get the civ’s they picked.

There are a lot of people who really enjoyed the diversity of playing random mirrors in the past, but going for random right now is a big disadvantage, because the other player could just pick his civ.
My solution basically just offers players an option to agree on a random mirror if all players want to play that - and if someone rather picks his civ the game will be played with picked civs and everything is fair as well.

So basically if people don’t like random mirror, nothing will change for them, but people who do like it get the option to play it if they meet someone who does so as well.
In my thoughts everyone should be happy this way (maybe except for people who want to force random mirror on everyone^^) and I also think it should be pretty easy to implement.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Suggestion for ranked random civ