Ideas for campaigns?

Need a current civ to represent Abbasid Caliphate.

Maybe this would be an interesting battle.

1 Like

Saracens or Persians? A campaign on the Umayyad-Abbasid revolution would be interesting.

1 Like

Saracens or Persians? A campaign on the Umayyad-Abbasid revolution would be interesting.
My high school’s history teacher said it was an Arabian empire so I support Saracens maybe.

Abbasids rose to power with support from Persian subjects including the Barmakids.

I think this video will be very helpful to you to learn more about Battle of Talas.

Maybe you can design two campaigns with same one map for Chinese side and Muslim side.

And then I also find this video out about Mongol invasions of Japan.

2 Likes

We need better Chinese unit skins and building sets.

I am not a mod maker, sorry.

I remember you were interested in An Lushan Rebellion. It still can be made as a campaign about a prince led Chinese-Uyghur alliance to take back his empire.

Definetely Hussite wars

It was happened in Bohemia but it is very interesting story of 15th century.
1st was in Europe with using of gunpowder.
Crusade which was not in Middle east but in Middle Europe.

Just google it.
However it would take much effort to recreate campaign and tell story historical accurate.

1 Like

It needs not to be much difficult.

1: The journey of Hus to Constanc (something like Joan of Arc first mission) and his end
2: Creation of the Hussite movement in Bohemia, creation of Tabor, depicting disputes between factions
3: Sudomer
4: Vitkov and the coronation of Sigismund
5: Beatiful rides and 4 Articles of Prague
6: Lipany

And there is no need for extra historical details, just major points :slight_smile: But I am really concerned which nation should represent Bohemia and definitely it must be inf and monk civ and it should not be Slavs, because Boyars are Eastern Slavs. Teutons would be better (it is a defensive civ in addition), yet Teutonic order was an enemy at that times.

Maybe some mix of both civs just as I saw in mod section - campaigns: there is one campaign dedicated to Premysl Ottokar II.

Hussite wars are a great idea but it will not be good without a bohemian civi and the war wagons.

1 Like

But how will one make Sinhala? As current Indians are Camel Civ in Aoe2 and there are no camels in Ceylon.

I want this to be a fixed force battle so it dosent matter if its india or any other civi representing sinhaleese.Tech tree vise khmer fits sinhaleese best.
For hussite scenarios/campaign it might be odd to have slaves or teutons representing them.The enemy will obviously be teutons in a hussite scenario.

1 Like

Khmer but how? Sinhala had ballista weapons?

Yes along with catapults cannons both european and local made and fire arms.

Will you provide some references for ballista/crossbow use in Ceylon?

Most important part of this campaign is the two storms which wiped out mongol troops, how will one create it in an AoE2 scenario?

I am not denying the use of Cannons and Catapults by Sinhala forces. I couldn’t find any mentions of ballista in the article except this sentence:

De Barros reported that several hundred guns [Espingardos], some of the caliber of a Portuguese Becos, and throwing wooden darts ten palms in length with feathers of Wild boar hide which caused damage at 200 Paces.

It is too vague worded to make any meaning out of. Can’t say if it means ballista or not.

earthquake is much easier to make, just by shaking the camera that’s what barbarossa campaign contains

I have never seen a campaign with sea storms with waves on water or something similar. ?

I actually want to believe, I just need some source to strengthen the belief.
Maybe provide some link to text from books in your native language. Google translator can help.