Ideas for new units, buildings, effects, etc

Some of these are interesting. I’ll give you my take on each one or what I would do instead below.

I kind of like this idea, I think that it should require Castle and Stables though, rather than Castle and University.

I would rather call it the Sacrificial Temple, or Pyramid of Quetzalcoatl. Available to Aztecs and Mayans. I would have it 4x4/3x3, costs 400 stone. When villagers are garrisoned, it plays a special animation (or not if it would alter the game violence rating) where the villager is sacrificed, and it gives the player gold. A new tech, Sacrificial Warfare becomes available. New tech means that when the player kills an enemy unique unit, the unit converts and becomes a new unit; Sacrificial Hostage. These are the only other unit that can be sacrificed, and for a higher profit than a simple villager.

I would rather have the Teutons get a building, Fortress of the Templar. Which can research some military techs to improve Teutonic Knight, and Knight of the Templar. The idea is that Teutonic Knights can be garrisoned, and then slowly convert into Knights of the Templar/Crusader Knights, basically a mounted and stronger version of the regular Teutonic Knight.

I don’t think that something that makes an already slow unit even slower will be very popular.

Reasonable idea.

Too OP, and kind of takes the role of Feitoria.

No.

I actually really like this idea. Not necessarily for a Swiss civ, but if players were able to build inns/taverns and then donate them to another player. They have no benefit for the player that builds it, but allows the player who receives control to create the unique unit of the builder, probably at a slower rate however.

One of the two ideas that I actually think is ok. Might need some fine tuning, but a decent base idea.

Good idea. Rename it Privateer however.

Below are two links to some other topics.

This one links to kind of new unit ideas:
New units via conversion

This one goes to my balance changes suggestions, the ones you might find of interest are: Burgundians, Cumans, Incas, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Vikings, and Steppe Lancers. This is because they are the main ones where I think that they need either a reworked unit, or a reworked tech/other bonus:
Balance changes

That’s all from me for now.

2 Likes