If I buy this in Microsoft store now

If I buy it on Microsoft store and then it’s released on Steam will I get a redemption key to use to get on Steam, or is it just a way for more money to make people rebuy it?

This will never be released on steam so the question is pointless.

If AoE:DE ever comes to Steam hopefully they will enable cross-play so Microsoft Store players could play with Steam players. There has been no announcement or any indication of AoE:DE coming to Steam, even though a large number of players have been asking for it.

If you would like to play the game now, go ahead and buy it from the Microsoft Store. If you can wait, buy it during a sale.

It is highly unlikely that Microsoft would provide an AoE:DE Steam key to AoE:DE Microsoft Store customers in the event AoE:DE came to Steam without cross-play. This opinion comes from experience purchasing Halo Wars: Definitive Edition from the Microsoft Store and not receiving a Steam key for the same when the game released on Steam. Unfortunately Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam does not support cross-play so the PC community is split.

I paid $20 for this game and was only able to play it twice before it began to crash on opening. I wouldn’t buy it again.

I really hope so because im getting tired of uninstalling microsoft app and reinstalling just to get the game to work everyday jesus

@Player944514313 said:
I really hope so because im getting tired of uninstalling microsoft app and reinstalling just to get the game to work everyday jesus

Start administrative CMD and type:
sc config PushToInstall start=auto

Reboot your computer and launch the game, it probably works correct now.