If we have only 48 cap for the civs in this game, then these civs are a priority

They all arabic dynasties not different ethnicities.

Actually there’s no need to split the Saracens into many civs because it’s fine to have the Saracens considering that they represent the Arabs.

I highly doubt this mega game will limit itself to 48. If there’s a will there’s a way and they will increase the limit for money. There’s still so many civs and concepts yet for me to say are explored yet.

this topic is completely prone to subjectivity but ok, my personal favourite for civs would be a split to italians into 2 civs at least, venetian and lombards (or longbards depending on the flavour) respectively being an archer + naval civ and an infantry civ, then a Crusader civs (Monk-cav civ), a split to saracens to add more of the subfactions of islam, so like a middle eastern DLC themed with crusades with Crusaders, Sirians, Egiptians, and another possible civ (armenians, georgians…), would be much more compelling to me than any african or obscure american or asian civ

The problem is not if they can add or not, but do the game really needs more in the first place?!

I mean we have 42 civs (which is too many already imo), 48 could be acceptable as if they said it is 48.

I don’t think if the game have like 80 civs it will be a good idea or if it should have, we barely can deal with the balance problems from the new civs and from civs since AOK & AOC. On the other hand even if the balance would become better, I don’t think having more than 50 civs is a good idea.

Many greetings

The game needs DLCs to keep funding tournaments and the online servers

No, the game can still alive as it is, it is a great game with good and enough reasons to play. You are talking like every single person on earth got this game already with all it’s DLCs and they just now wait for more. What about the people who never tried before? They have tons of things to find out and try in the game and tons of campaigns.

On the other hand devs can bring more campaigns for existed civs already that don’t have campaign yet. About funding tournaments and online servers there are many supporters and there is microsoft.

The last thing that I would say to you, lets say yes the game needs more DLCs then what? Lets say you got 150 civs, so you will keep adding more because the game will die?! No sense here.

Many greetings

1 Like

I’ ve never said the game will die. Official online servers need money. Tournaments need money. Sure, there are others who fund also, like the Death Match World Cup 5, 10k dollars all by its players, but all the big prizepools, as far as I remember - and here I can be wrong -, had World’s Edge behind it.

I know but at the same time you can’t keep adding civs forever! I mean imagine if the game would have 100 civs! It is a nightmare! How the tournaments drafts would like to be and how can you balance them or balance the game?! 15 bans for each draft+5 snipes?! What about the ladder balanace?

I see adding more civs will negatively affect the game, not the other way around.

Many greetings

1 Like

If they keep the 4-5civs per year, it’ll take more than 10 years to get 100 civs. I think you are thinking too much in the future. Only time will tell if we will ever get to that.
Even if you get 100 civs, top dogs are top dogs, 15 snipes wont be needed.