If you could have an Aoe 3 unit in 2, which one would you want?

I really do like the Russian’s ability to batch train the Streltsy in 10s. Reminds me the Oprichniks would be a nice addition to scenario editor.

El tanque de da vinci para los italianos… (si en el age 3 para el futuro dlc de italia vendra esto es real xD

5 Likes

imagina si los mongoles convierten esto jajaja

1 Like

The only thing from aoe3 im interested in seeing jn aoe2 is the ability to change colors of players

5 Likes

I’m the other way around, I want aoe3 graphics and even gameplay for medieval times.

THIS SO MUCH!!!

I want this tool so badly to be in AoE2DE.
Devs, please read this!

5 Likes

Seria la mierda mas desbalanceada que existe XD, pero siendo sincero soy mas fan del age 3 que de el 2 pero no negare que muchas unidades del age 3 se verían geniales en el 2 (pero dudo que algunos jugadores nuevos acepten nuevas unidades únicas para las civs ya existente, por motivos de desbalance)

1 Like

What’s the difference between doppelsoldner and landsknecht? Please educate me.

AoE 3 Great Bombards still not the real historical giant size, should be bigger… and Turks should also get the all-famous musket-armed Janissary, the first “modern” soldier in the world.

Hoop throwers for Byzantines?

Turks have Janissaries already?

The doppelsoldner is a unique unit for the Germans and the landsknecht was a mercenary unit. Not sure if they both do area damage but for surely the doppelsoldner did and actually I think the landsknecht might equivalent to a halberdier.

in reverse, I wish AoE3 had more than one personality for each civ and wish they had real world maps instead of the inspired by real world maps.

1 Like

It’s a hand cannoneer, I said the more famous musket-armed version.

Turks should have a further Imperial upgrade to musketeer Janissary, because this breakthrough was a revolution in warfare history and it’s totally ignored by AoE.

Also because HCs are useless in AoE 2.

1 Like

If AOE 2 could have minor civs or natives on its maps that would be fun. Though I’m not sure if such features could be implemented.

With regards to the units, grenadiers and the various types of cannons from AOE 3 are the ones that I’d like to see the most in AOE 2, though these are only suitable for the civs that arose relatively late in AOE 2’s time line. The only exception is the Jungle Bowman from AOE 3’s Inca civ, I think it can serve as a unique unit for potential AOE 2 civs in the Americas or in Southern China and SE Asia.

1 Like

Hi Vinifrss, welcome back.

2 Likes

Dunno much… in AOE 3 they are 2 different units… doppelsoldner is heavier version I think wielding a zwinehander and landsknect is a light version wielding a halbard

maybe in AOE 4

They already have it

To represent byzantine greek fire grenadiers

1 Like

sure, but how would it differ from the current unit?
one could argue that, higher HP, higher attck, higher ranger, lower attack delay and lower frame delay already represent the better weaponry of this unit compared to a generic hand cannoneer

Thank you for the explanation. Both units are cool and I think Teutons could have at least one of them. The AoE 2 timeline is more extended now so they fit.

That’s the same reason why both AoE 2 and AoE 4 should totally have the Great Bombards (for Turks only), since they’re from 1451! It’s self-defeating that AoE doesn’t add the most brutal and awesome artillery in the medieval world!

1 Like

No, I meant the world-changing Janissary equipped with the new MUSKET and a huge scimitar. Not the older hand cannoneer Janissary (Turks’ current unique unit). It should be the #1 basic cornerstone unit addition to both AoE 2 and AoE 4, together with Great Bombard, Spahi and some Byz units.

This Byzantine “grenadier” looks more like a flame thrower to me, it’s a great idea and I’ve long advocated for the Roman Empire to have them as well as Fire Ships, also both in AoE 2 and AoE 4.

Dedicated explorer unit and mechanics around it. A bit of a cheat, but hey- it’s one unit :slight_smile:

1 Like

For this, I’d think they would remove the Bombard Cannon HP and range bonus and Give the Bombard Cannon a Unique Upgrade that increases the range and gives them more HP as well as giving them a new model.