If you could have an Aoe 3 unit in 2, which one would you want?

I would like them as a mod. The results of adding the Great bombard could be dangerous. And we don’t need more representing to Ottoman Empire. We need sometjing for represent SELJUK turkic era. Basically the entire civ is made representing Ottomans. So adding a “Seljuk raider” as a unique upgrade for CA would be pretty cool.

While i think the Great Bombard could be good wihout damaging the balance pretty much. Anyways i would love to see more Seljuk Turks if they change them.

We already have a unit skin mod.

1 Like

yes bt ironically they change for all civs not just ottoman

I think u will like this mod

2 Likes

This is quite literally just two @Vinifrss alts agreeing with each other. Your opinion doesn’t really carry any weight, and you were banned on several accounts already for spamming their super Turk threads everywhere. They aren’t needed, most people don’t care, and the game won’t really benefit from it. @anon63664082, can this be dealt with?

6 Likes

I try to give them a simpler mechanic.

Ninja will become the second UU at the castle in the Imperial age for the Japanese, with long-range LoS (maybe 10 as same as Hussar), fast speed, low HP and extremely high attack bonus (maybe +30 against UUs, heroes and kings), and most importantly will default to stealth mode. While in stealth mode, enemy and neutral players will be unable to reveal ninjas in their LoS.

However, once the ninja starts attacking other units or buildings, it will lose its stealth mode and can never regain stealth mode. Therefore, the player has better make sure to keep the ninja’s unit stance as No Attack until it gets close to its target or completes its scout job.

1 Like

the meta with this thing would be to never attack with it and use it to bodyblock enemies 11

2 Likes

The same problem may be also in AoE3 so there may also be the solution. Perhaps they will have very small or 0 hitbox while in the stealth mode so the units can cross them. I don’t know. 11

I am not a big supporter for the trainable stealth unit, but let the community dream.

1 Like

This is pretty acceptable in my opinion, though I personally think they should be able to return to stealth mode after being out of combat. Since they’d be the only unit with the mechanic to date, I feel like it’d be a waste to make it a one-off ability. Everything else in your concept I agree wholeheartedly with though. This would literally turn the Japanese into the ultimate UU counter civ, plus the ultimate Regicide civ as well. Which, actually, makes historical sense, given the various assassinations carried out between the feudal lords of Japan for political gains.

1 Like

I am not sure but I feel that will make the balance hell.

Predictably, stealthable units won’t be cheap, and once they’re repeatable stealth, they should become more expensive, making them likely to be very situational. Moreover, making it invisible repeatedly and immediately disappearing after attacking, just like a guerrilla, this may make it difficult for the opponent to counterattack.

Of course, the real situation has to be tried to know.

2 Likes

I would implement it as a charge attack. It activates stealth mode say, 40 seconds after combat, and can’t recharge while fighting.

1 Like

I’d honestly use ninjas to stealth kill all the villagers hahah.

For the most part, I was thinking mainly skin which would be client side or for the scenario editor.

Once a villager is attacked by a ninja, the system will still alert the player. This cannot be avoided. Hahaha.

Compared to hussars, sending ninjas to raids will not be detected in advance when approaching, which is already a huge advantage. So ninjas should have less health than hussars so they can be defeated.

If ninjas get stealth mode and become trainable units, I would hope that they will be positioned as human outposts like Spies or Native Scouts of AoE3, offering more flexible strategical value in fewer numbers, rather than being heavily used like other common military units.

So my personal hope is that stealth mode is a one-off, since it’s better to maintain its functionality and balance at the same time.

Def would do this to Burgundian and Spanish villagers

Rodelero (hopefully I spelled that right)

1 Like