I'm disappointed of Gamescon

I was waiting for some news about multiplayer - pictures, videos or any information about online- AoE: DE Online - matchmaking system, Lobbies, web portal etc.) But I have absolutely nothing… absolutely zero. Shame on you.

Man, I can even agree with you on some things but I can not say it was disappointing because it looks so much of news that this community had in less than an hour !!! I’m ecstatic so far!

Gamescon actually starts today, yesterday was a special event for announcements. Maybe there will be more news this week? Also, maybe they will go to Pax west in September as well? From here to Oct 19 I’m sure we will get some delicious tidbits.

It seems whoever is in “Forgotten Empires” just got the career of their lives :wink:

You DEFINITELY got some new info, pictures/videos and incredible news.

@Raw1812 said:
Gamescon actually starts today, yesterday was a special event for announcements. Maybe there will be more news this week? Also, maybe they will go to Pax west in September as well? From here to Oct 19 I’m sure we will get some delicious tidbits.

Tidbits… Tidbits everywhere!

@Fetandrey said:

About Multiplayer? I don’t think so my friend

@CitrineAgenda54 said:

@Fetandrey said:

A picture of a multiplayer lobby isn’t very exiting for the masses - You know it’s going to be in the game, why do you need to be fluffed with a picture of it?

It will just look like UI shown already. But probably integrated with xbox live multiplayer system.

As for lag, you can’t easily get rid of high ping from others around the world. Usually, you will have some lag while the game waits for commands, especially if the server is far away. Sometimes your units won’t respond for 400ms. It could be better than seeing it move, dodge an arrow, and then die, because it actually got hit according to server.

Plus, since you’re an Insider, you may get into the beta to look at it yourself!

How the ■■■■ are you disappointed? We got a release date that’s barely 1.5 months from now, we got AoE2:DE, we got AoE3:DE, and we got AoE4! You got a new trailer, you got tons of new info, screenshots, UI, interviews, etc. Multiplayer is honestly the last thing to be worried about, if you want to be worried about it at all. I firmly believe that MP cannot be messed up. We’ll probably get matchmaking, a server browser, support for scenarios, different gamemodes and the like. Very regular things. Be thankful for the ridiculous amount of announcements and good news we have gotten, instead of being salty because you didn’t get exactly what you personally wanted.

@“Helios Ra” said:

@CitrineAgenda54 said:

@Fetandrey said:

A picture of a multiplayer lobby isn’t very exiting for the masses - You know it’s going to be in the game, why do you need to be fluffed with a picture of it?

Because I have played AoE 1 online for 17 years. There are some aspects that are very interesting as for example web portal for online matchmaking … that’s why I’m talking about it. LOL

I agree the UI and multiplayer stuff is important, I want to see it too…but yesterday was an hour and like a rowdy party about AoE and its history and major announcements. Tbh showing pictures of multiplayer lobbies would not have fit the tone too well.

@CitrineAgenda54 said:

@“Helios Ra” said:

@CitrineAgenda54 said:

@Fetandrey said:

Because I have played AoE 1 online for 17 years. There are some aspects that are very interesting as for example web portal for online matchmaking … that’s why I’m talking about it. LOL

Yeah, that was really laugh out loud funny.

My statement still stands.

Also how could you be disappointed? The moment that bearded guy who played AoE “Since I am 1 hour” getting a GTX 1080 and practically peeing himself on stream was the best moment of my day.

@Raw1812 said:
Also how could you be disappointed? The moment that bearded guy who played AoE “Since I am 1 hour” getting a GTX 1080 and practically peeing himself on stream was the best moment of my day.

It was surprising how many people didn’t seem that interested in the DE but were more focused on the prize front, there were spare PC’s for anyone who wanted to play the DE which I thought was very counterintuitive, but perhaps they were beta participants whilst I am not sobs

The stream unfortunately had little info on AOE 1: DE itself. They discussed Age as a series a lot (which is fine, if that’s what you’re advertising, but they weren’t–we were misled into thinking it would be Age 1-focused, maybe highlighting some of the new features).

Indeed, I hope the announcement of AoE4 don’t ruined the hype of AoE1.

Well, since the game is due to be released so soon, I can understand wanting to see more gameplay. Certainly not AoE 2 gameplay, at least. Weird show but the info given was pretty great.

weve waited 20 yrs and as usual instead of being overjoyed that Microsoft has turned its attension to us old school pc gamers ,you always have some who you can never please ,not only do we get age1 definitive,age2 definitive ,age 3, definitive ,and a new age 4…is this a case of manner from heaven, it is to me thank you Microsoft thank you,thank …you

@mythdracon said:
The stream unfortunately had little info on AOE 1: DE itself. They discussed Age as a series a lot (which is fine, if that’s what you’re advertising, but they weren’t–we were misled into thinking it would be Age 1-focused, maybe highlighting some of the new features).

Well, the new trailer does show some new features that we haven’t seen before (such as UI, pathfinding etc.). And I think you’ll agree that an AoE:DE-focused wouldn’t have been as exciting as the yesterday event was (AoE:DE with release date, AoE II:DE, AoE III:DE, AoE IV).