I'm disappointed of Gamescon

I think the Age II: DE, Age III: DE announcements were expected. Microsoft does little but milk its past glories (from a company it CHOSE to dismantle, btw–Ensemble Studios’ employees looked sad and meditative in the behind-the-scenes Age videos they showed at Gamescom for a reason).

Age IV is different–but the trailer itself didn’t say which company was making Age: IV (obviously not Skybox Studios but the actual company making it wasn’t revealed until later).

Frankly, a preview of the campaign narration/missions (how they have been changed) in Age I: DE would have been nice, in addition to previews of the maps, a battle at work (demonstrating improved pathfinding), etc. Instead they only had a FOUR MINUTE (ha!) commentary on an already-underway Age II Death Match game.

@mythdracon said:

Age IV is different–but the trailer itself didn’t say which company was making Age: IV (obviously not Skybox Studios but the actual company making it wasn’t revealed until later).

Actually, it did. You can see Relic’s name and logo on the title reveal screen when the IV appears.

Barely visible, but thanks for noting. I hope Relic does it justice. A modern-era Age will be hard to pull off.

@mythdracon said:
I think the Age II: DE, Age III: DE announcements were expected. Microsoft does little but milk its past glories (from a company it CHOSE to dismantle, btw–Ensemble Studios’ employees looked sad and meditative in the behind-the-scenes Age videos they showed at Gamescom for a reason).

Frankly, a preview of the campaign narration/missions (how they have been changed) in Age I: DE would have been nice, in addition to previews of the maps, a battle at work (demonstrating improved pathfinding), etc. Instead they only had a FOUR MINUTE (ha!) commentary on an already-underway Age II Death Match game.

It’s Relic who is making AGE 4 their logo is at the end of the trailer. Realistically there was a limit to how much detail they could fit into the event which was awesome see my post https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/1347/big-daddies-the-missing-beastie-and-where-to-find-them#latest

I agree though I didn’t know why an Age 2 play through was there, but we are still in Beta so they are likely still polishing.

@mythdracon said:
Barely visible, but thanks for noting. I hope Relic does it justice. A modern-era Age will be hard to pull off.
Company of Heroes 4

@mythdracon said:

My gut feeling is modern which I think if executed correctly will be very fun…I just hope the focus is gathering, base building, scouting,tech and countering…not like capture resource mechanics with little base building or unit training.

I would not worry to much. Apparently the game is coming out in less than a month actually… so more will be released very soon. You only need to wait until October 19 before Microsoft UWP store says the game releases. This means that this beta is a full last effort ditch beta and the game is as good as done. I actually find it odd that they request to keep content of it silent. The price of AOE:DE is also pretty cheap.

A game i am worried though is AOE4 … I know how …well not really great AOE3 turned out… It also did feel way to small compared to AOE 2 so i would be allot more septic about that. But i can say that the remastered version of AOE 2 was actually really great! =)

@NBT said:
I would not worry to much. Apparently the game is coming out in less than a month actually… so more will be released very soon. You only need to wait until October 19 before Microsoft UWP store says the game releases. This means that this beta is a full last effort ditch beta and the game is as good as done. I actually find it odd that they request to keep content of it silent. The price of AOE:DE is also pretty cheap.

A game i am worried though is AOE4 … I know how …well not really great AOE3 turned out… It also did feel way to small compared to AOE 2 so i would be allot more septic about that. But i can say that the remastered version of AOE 2 was actually really great! =)

Where did you get the month figure from? AoE:DE is coming out for sure on Oct. 19th, which is in a bit under 2 months.

Misscalculations were made in this post :lol:

Also > @Raw1812 said:

Also how could you be disappointed? The moment that bearded guy who played AoE “Since I am 1 hour” getting a GTX 1080 and practically peeing himself on stream was the best moment of my day.

Yeah, that made my day too :lol: And the helmet was won by a girl (a bit scared of almighty Emperor Greenberg) but was lovely to see some girls that love AOE franchise.

By the way, don’t be afraid of MP stuff, there is enough time to know more about it and even get a chance for closed beta :slight_smile: