(!IMPORTANT!)Data Mod file not found (BIG ISSUE)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: image
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1
  • Gamertag: .FreaK.

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

There is this huge issue that is very well known and SADLY became normality for people who often play mods. Whenever you wait in a lobby with a data mod for longer than 5-10 minutes (sometimes even earlier or later) , after people ready up and you want to start the game, it shows a red message for each player that they dont have matching data file.
THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS
PLEASE FIX THIS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Host a lobby with a data mod (+scenario)
  2. Wait for 5-10 minutes until it fills
  3. Make everyone ready up and start the game

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

7 Likes

ADDING: We have to rehost all the time because then the lobby is fresh and people join fast…THEN it starts
The images show my mod cannibal escape but this is ALWAYS for ALL mods
People have to rehost all the time, this consumes a lot of time and energy. This should be NR 1 on your list for fixes
Please fix

2 Likes

Yeah, got the same problem with the game.

1 Like

You’re right it’s been broken for a while

1 Like

Yes I always had problems with data sets. I made a data set once for a map but I couldn’t play it since most players on the lobby had “incompatible files” and the way to avoid this was to delete all your other data set mods.

you can fix this issue by adjusting mod-status.json file. if this happens, exit out of multiplayer but dont quit the game. open up the file and change whichever mod you want to host to “true” then go back into multiplayer and host it, this will fix it.

I think this issue only applies to pre windows 10 players. if there are any windows 10 player affected by this please speak up.

update: the mod-status.json editing might be in conjunction with rehosting lobby, just editing the file may not work.

Same problem with HORDE SURVIVAL, but when unsub / resub and deleting files it works apparently

@thieftdp8498

I’m on Windows 10 and I’m affected by this bug.

I’ve re-hosted lobbies but it doesn’t work for me. Surprisingly, re-hosting works for some players.

As Kaelishername pointed out, it affects a few other scenarios as well (eg: Horde Survival).

I deleted all mods, only resubbed this one particular mod and tried hosting but it still didn’t work.

This has become so annoying. I’ve seen many players host, wait for 15-20 minutes for the lobby to fill up only to see it bug out in the end.

1 Like

yea it definitely is a problem. my mod has this issue after every few games, then i have to rehost to solve it which I guess im still the lucky one.

Yes its a big problem. Its very annoying! Please fix that!

maybe @GMEvangelos can take this away for future bug fix.