Inaccuracies with the Ottomans

It is good that the designers are trying to make the game more historically and culturally accurate, but it seems that they have largely overlooked the Ottomans. They still have several problems, namely:

1. All of the units are speaking in modern Turkish rather than Ottoman Turkish. I hate to say it, but this is going to be the hardest one to fix given that it’ll require consultants and dozens of rerecordings.
  2. The Mosque sometimes plays Church bells; adhans or Qur’an recitals would make far more sense here.
  3. The explorer calls his country ‘Türkiye’, which is anachronistic; it should be ‘Devlet-i ʿAlīye-i ʿOsmānīye’.
  4. The Home City is called Istanbul; Constantinople would make more sense in this context.

These are the only ones that I know; I don’t know if there are more.

I hope that this helps.

7 Likes

Both Istanbul and Constantinople are valid. The others while being inacceracies are not really problematic in my opinion, like the language and the one with turkiye is a bit hard, because they most likely dont have the original voice actor on board anymore. The bell could be changed the easiest.

1 Like

There is a big problem with the Turks, which makes the game much less realistic, as they look like an Iberian civilization, although they are the European civilization with more unique units, the Turks were very different from other civilizations. In fact, new units could be matched to European units, only with changed appearances. I just think it is a terrible thing that, after the addition of the African civilizations, which interacted a lot with the Turks, that the Turks are maintained as a civilization that causes so much estrangement. 1- Turkish peasants have hats from Iberian villagers, that makes no sense.
2- Humbaraci could replace grenadiers.
3- Akinci could replace the Hussars.
4- Minuteman could have at least Ottoman appearance.
5- Turbans and Turkish garments could be added to the units that carry the Turkish cannons.
6- Perhaps a texture for the buildings, with tiles and windows in Turkish style, slightly different tiles, this would already make a huge difference.

7 Likes

The only units not speaking a modern form of their language are the British ones.

5 Likes

Maybe we could start with a simpler reskinning of the units like the revolutionary nations.

2 Likes

Dear Devs, Ottomans needs some love. Please add some units to Ottomans and make their building unlike Spain. After USA civ, all civs needs love.

1 Like

They dont need more units, they already have a good selection of units and just adding units for the sake of adding units is bad and most will probably not use it.

1 Like

Why dont Ottomans need more units? Every state has 3 or 4 units from Barracs but Ottomans has one: janisarry. Janisarries are musketeers in the game. Ottomans dont have any skirmish or bow units. Historically Janisaaries use muskets, swords and bows. Ottomans have hussars and bow horsemen from stables but dont have any type of dragons. May be you dont like to play with Ottomans but I like to play with Ottomans and I want devs to add some units to Ottomans.

1 Like

In this games period the Janissaries didnt use bows anymore. Maybe a bit in the beginning but most of the timeframe like 90% they used muskets and other gunpowder weaponry.

Ottomans have the abus which is their skirmisher.And cav archers are dragoons for them… they have the exact same function.

2 Likes

Man, As I said other topics, obus guns are expensive and cav archers arent effective like dragons. So Ottomans needs less expensive units like other nations.

Cav archers very well are effective dont know how you came to this conclusion. Would say they are better then dragoon against cav as they have melee armor tanking more hits.

Abus gun is expensive but also way more effective then skirmishers and with Ottomans you should be capable of massing them. You get free settlers.

2 Likes