Incorrect Military Unit Count - Rathas

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.65211.0 (PUP)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When playing as Bengalis and using Rathas, the in-game panel that shows how many of each type of unit you have can become incorrect. I think this is due to the Ratha being switched between melee and ranged modes, and the game not properly decrementing the Cav Archer amount.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Replay the attached savegame, switch to the Combat Minimap, and display the unit count panel (the one that appears above the minimap). Fast forward to the 45 minute mark. At approximately around this point, the unit counts start getting messed up, in that the Cav Archers amount becomes incorrect. I think this is due to the Ratha being switched between melee and ranged modes.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The military unit counts are correct. This was a normal 200 population game, and the incorrect amount made it difficult to tell how many Rathas I had.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

SP Replay v101.101.65211.0 @2022.08.08 042302.aoe2record (10.8 MB)

:arrow_forward: UNRELATED ISSUE

Unrelatedly, I’ve been playing the PUP and it seems like the bottom left panel buttons (where you have the build buttons; the 5 x 3 grid) don’t always respond to mouse clicks. Specifically and very infrequently (but at least once per game), when Shift-clicking to queue up multiples of a unit (ex: 5 pikemen) during periods where there’s a lot going on requiring (I assume) a lot of CPU power, the game won’t recognize that I’ve clicked one of the grid buttons. It seems to especially happen when I don’t have enough resources to queue up all 5 units. It’s noticeable because sometimes I spam click a button, but then notice nothing has queued up even when at least 1 unit should have. If I use Shift+Gridkey (ex: Shift+W) instead of Shift+Click, I don’t have this issue. I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t my mouse, but don’t have a way to reliably reproduce or log the issue.

1 Like

Hi @TheBattlizer

Please post issues found in the PUP in their dedicated steam forums, thank you :slight_smile:

If the issue exists outside of the PUP, let me know!