Incorrect technology costs for War Galley upgrade

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 47260 (Beta) and even the current patch
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The research costs for Fire Ship and Demolition ship (in the tech tree) shows 500F 500G even though War Galley upgrade costs 230F 100G.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the tech tree (even without loading a game)
  2. Hover over to Fire Ship
  3. Hover over to Demolition Ship

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
It should be showing 230F 100G for both

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Even though I am using Portuguese as an example, it is the same for all civs.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Not applicable

Looks like you are right and this is indeed bugged!

It costs 200 W and 300 G to upgrade to Heavy Demo ship. When I hover over a unit in the techtree, it shows the cost to upgrade to current tier from previous tier at the bottom of the description. Inside the upgrades section of the description it shows the cost to upgrade to the next tier. So both upgrade costs are visible.
The 500F/500G is a completely unrelated number. This number doesn’t even change for Italians.

1 Like

Hey @Haladon
Thanks for the report this issue is being tracked already, enjoy your day and RBW5.

1 Like

Hey sir/maam, I know the issue.

When you set the pre-requisite of a technology/unit as a unit, say unit number 500, it will fetch the cost of the tech with the same number, that is tech number 500. In this case, War Galley is unit number 21, so it fetching the cost of tech number 21 - Atheism.

Is there a way for us to find out which bugs are currently tracked, so we do not waste time with making reports, checking if this is same for every single civ, taking pictures and explaining how it can be reproduced?

1 Like

Yes good idea, because this was reported April this year, and just now they look about. Better lake than never.l at least.

Thanks for taking concern. This has been solved in the PUP!

1 Like

Hey,

this should be the page, we are planning updating this page more frequently. :slight_smile:

2 Likes