Indian DLC for AoE2 and if it means anything for us

If you read the article: (the weapon) may be adapted, may be used on camel backs, we think that this weapons would be…

I would make a question on AskHistorians subreddit to see if there’s evidence on the use of camel gatlings.

I’d rather have no more Asian civilizations after adding Persians and Siamese.

Those small kingdoms, sultanates, etc., can use mercenaries or minor civs to make them decently represented in the game. It would be a mistake to make them complete civilizations, and would make civilizations in the game too numerous.

Javanese would also be a good contender for a southeast Asian maritime civ. They had fairly advanced ships and gunpowder weapons before the Europeans arrived.

Hausa isn’t much of a mix, it is primarily Hausa with a bit of Fulani. I’m pretty sure they based it off the Sokoto Caliphate and just worked backwards to make it generic enough to extend into the earlier portion of the game’s time period.

2 Likes

Of course,I couldn’t have said it better…

Links for Indian skins reworks.

Although I labeled as not MP friendly, I should test them if they aren’t really MP incompatible.

Mughal Spearman

Sowar cavalry

What units should be next and how they could be done with existing models and meshes to create a more Mughal army instead of a British Raj one?

I’m thinking about replacing the Indian Monks (maybe using the Mahout Mansabdar rider?), Sepoy if it’s necessary and Gurkhas.

While Elephant mounted cannons and Siege Elephants are fantasy, I plan to left them. (Elephants were used to carry cannons, not to shoot them mounted in the Howdah)

2 Likes

Elephant mounted culverin were indeed a thing (called gajnal). Thin barreled small cannon were fired from the howdah. See this picture below…

The in-game siege elephant makes a huge noise when firing. That is not realistic. If you just change the firing sound of the siege elephant to that of a small gun, it will be okay. I think.

1 Like

I don’t have experience yet with sound changing.

What about Sepoy and Gurkhas? How they can be renamed and what assets that are already ingame can be used?

Toradar would be a good name for an Indian Musketeer that could replace Sepoys for any Indian civ. Sepoys and Gurkhas should really just be mercenary units.

Claro,es todo un tema viste…

Yes, and after that they made the ARPG game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (which last year received its terecer expansion), Dominations and finally the nefarious Arcane Showdown that RTS has the same as Clash Royale clone xd…

Yes,it is valid but the issue is that the Malays were conquered in the sixteenth century by the Portuguese and Dutch, and I doubt that Aceh and Yogyakarta can fill that gap…

Javanese would be a solid choice for a civ. They were eventually conquered by the Dutch but there were still prominent nations like the Mataram Sultanate and Yogyakarta Sultanate that remained independent into the 1800s.

Well, there it can be…

Yes, it would also be only an evolution of the zamburak…

And the Burmese?,They fought both against Siam in the c. XVI-XVIII and against the British in the XIX… and the Koreans because simply because of the historical continuity of the saga…

Personally, I don’t want more Asian civilizations due to how they are designed.

And as for my thoughts on the Burmese, they were not big enough to be ignored like the Indians, nor had they managed to maintain their sovereignty independently like the Siamese. In my preference, I’d have them introduced as mercenary units.

This is actually a quite unimportant and low priority reason.
It’s not necessary just because AoE1 or AoE2 introduced them, so AoE3 also has to introduce them as a complete civilization.

If you still think that being a mercenary or native minor civilization brings too little new content for the small Asian countries like Burmese, Vietnamese, Koreans, etc. , you can consider this new idea about the King of the Hill. They will become a special minor civilization “Landmark” with richer contents and more importantance to the game. This avoids the worry of having too many civilizations because a large number of small Asian naitons have become complete civilizations.

And I personally dislike how Asian civs are designed. Big Huge Games designed them really weirdly and Forgotten Empires (apparently) refuses to address that in any way.

Make the consulate and wonder mechanics unique to the three pre-existing Asian civilizations, or even completely remove them, but don’t restrict the entirety of Asia to only those three civs.

6 Likes

This and monk heroes and outlaw monasteries are the main source of disappointment for Asian civilization.

I don’t oppose Persians, Omanis (Arabs) and Siamese at all, but I don’t want to see another 15 wonders outside the home cities and 3 monk heroes being the leaders of armies and towns.

5 Likes