Indians buff?

Yeah… The only things that the imp camel has over a standard camel is that unique anti-building damage and hp/attack. It’s an extremely costly upgrade for what you’re actually getting. It’s super strong to be sure, but how much can you really take off an upgrade like that at it’s current cost? You could trim down the cost with the changes but that just shortens the spike and pushes it earlier into the game.

I don’t know how I’d change it, and HP might be the best bet (or that extra anti-building stacking with the indians bonus) but digging into an 1800 resource upgrade that already doesn’t give a whole lot seems rough.

1 Like

The problem is they struggle late game vs all compositions except when knight is included. They don’t have a good solution to halb-siege and arb-halb.
Elephant archers are meant to be anti-archer units but they are too clunky and too expensive. I kind of feel sad seeing indian skirms almost always do a better job than elephant archers while they are completely generic.
I think they deserve a buff for their skirms, like replacing their useless imp UT for

• skirmishers cost half population

This will already help against archer civs. For siege halb, their get almost FU hussars. I think with this skirm addition they can do a decent job defending it.

Indians don’t need a buff (but rather a diversification of bonuses - 3 civs having extra pierce armor on scouts is not unique)
Indian Camels should just get +1 Pierce Armor per Age (+3 in Imp) and removal of Husbandry (Can’t be fast with a lot of armor logic)
Elephant archer (just for the people that cry) can get extra Movement Speed

Yikes. Back off a tad. When you’ve foisted an insult in every line of your post you’re no longer debating, you’re just cussing someone out.

I admit the vinegar in his first reply was absolutely undeniable (he clearly knew what you pointed out but you can acknowledge that without insinuating some manner of cluelessness) but it takes two to tango.

So what upgrades do you get for them? Chain Barding or Leather Archer Armor? Unit classification and armor classification are 2 very different things

Read my post completely first. I have literally explained why it won’t overlap.

I know that case. Had they said cavalry, they should also have said infantry. Which meant affecting TK also.

Unit classification: Unique - determines upgrades for unit

Armor classification: multiple - determines bonus damage from unit

Example: Mangudai
Unit classification- Cavalry Archers
Hence affected from Fletching line, Archer armor, Parthian Tactics, Thumb Ring, Bloodlines and Husbandry
Armor classification- Melee, Pierce, Anti-Leitis, Archer, Cavalry, Cavalry Archer, Unique

Compare apples to apples. Imperial camel is an Indian thing. So comparing Imperial camel to Indian Heavy camel, the Imperial camel has +2 attack and +20 HP, not even a hidden attack rate boost (like the Hussar upgrade).