Indians losing last cavalry armor?

Nothing gurarantees victory, it wouldn’t be a good game otherwise.

Having access to knights won’t help indians in imperial age, that’s for sure. Anyway, I find all this discussion about the lack of the last armor upgrade rather pointless since we don’t know what else has been changed. It’s very likely that indians will be buffed elsewhere.

1 Like

Then we may as well remove the game mode, because who wants to play something completely unbalanced?

2 Likes

Wrong, TGs are where the majority of the non-competitive community goes to play, but because they are not good enough, balance does not matter in it.

4 Likes

Dude, there are team game tournaments all the time, what are you even saying…

5 Likes

Team games are impossible to balance due to trade. And a little lack of balance is fun in team games.

Normally weak civs 1v1, can turn into power houses. They say Turks are weak. But when they have tons of gold from trade, they are very powerful.

5 Likes

Not arguing with that, I agree that 1vs1 should take priority. That doesn’t however mean that we should completely neglect team game balance.

1 Like

Indians are considered bad, because they don’t have KTS.

With Arbalest they would be better in post imp, but they would easily die in Castle Age.

1 Like

The problem is not the lack of knights itself, it’s that even if you invest into crossbows you cannot go into arbalest in imp. So basically your only long term plan is camels, which is not exactly the most versatile unit.

4 Likes

The next patch correcting inaccurate listed values for civ bonuses (i.e. Stirrups) is a big thing for helping newer players learn their civ. I love it. But I really, really, really hope civ bonuses also adds a difference between bonuses vs. buildings and bonuses vs. standard buildings. Such as the Indian bonuses. For example, did you know the “Camel units +5 attack vs. buildings” is actually vs. standard buildings and Camel Riders have +6 instead of +5 bonus attack? This is all according to the Advanced Genie Editor.

If the upcoming +4 damage to standard buildings is truly +4 for Camel Riders, and doesn’t have an unlisted extra bonus like it does now, then that’s another significant Indian Camel nerf by bringing their total base damage vs. buildings down to the following values, with a comparison to the Knight line’s base attack vs. buildings:

Camel Rider: 10, down from 12. Knights have 10 attack.
Heavy Camel Rider: 11, down from 13. Cavalier have 12 attack.
Imperial Camel Rider: 13, down from 15. Paladin has 14 attack.

And with Camel Riders attacking slower than the Knight line, Indian Camel Riders are now objectively worse than Knights vs. buildings. Maybe it’ll balance out with the Camel Rider’s cheaper cost and faster creation time in comparison to the Knight, I hope. Still, this 33% bonus reduction combining with losing the last cavalry armor feels like a brutal nerf. It makes me almost certain Indians will be getting other buffs.

No, the In…Insta-win super OP Camels will no longer do their job of putting braindead mono-Paladin spammers in their place,
because the Indians have been so incredibly OP and utterly broken since their introduction, that they not only deserve to lose Plate Barding Armor, they must also lose Bracer and Bloodlines, if not the entire Blacksmith itself. /s

Thanks to Bill Gates himself to realize just how OP the Indians have always been, with their insta-win Camels. /s

I am against Indian Camel nerf (because we at last had ONE civ that actually goes for Camels as more than a defense/counter unit), but sarcasm is not the way to go.

This is just a classic example of why you never balance for Team Games, and stick to 1v1 first and foremost, for balance considerations.

Now Franks and Huns will make TGs, PGs again.

4 Likes

EXACTLY. 1v1 is the gold standard, the only standard for balance.
And arabia, arena, islands being the three main and all-styles-encompassing maps to be used for that gold standard.

1 Like

In contrast I think that if they balance Indians for team games and 1v1s properly, it will benefit 1v1 games without Indians too. It would force them to make Camels less 1-dimensional, and maybe make CA and HC better. That would allow other civs to also use “Camels as more than a defense/counter unit”.

We can’t yet be certain whether they’re mucking up Indians.

Another example where we see team-game balance being beneficial for 1v1s is (probably) the upcoming change to Turks. We’ll have to see if it actually works out that way, but I hope it will.

Of course there are things that can’t be done for the benefit of 1v1s because they’d break team games, (such as civs with extremely strong or weak eco,) and that might be a pity. OTOH many of those same constraints arise if we want all maps to be somewhat balanced.

Thank god they are balancing according to team games, team games have the highest value of this game, more players play team games instead of 1x1.

I know this guy who is against it can barely beat the IA on hard, so he has no clue about the cancerous indians in the team games, there is no reason to explain over and over the same, SUPERIOR ECO, cheap units, counters everything in the field, they don’t need siege to wipe out buildings, there is no other mounted unit capable of fighting fair square other than broken leitis with 4 reliqs.

With that indiand nerf even if it is not that great, malians can go back to the field as they were a favourite civ back at the wololokingdoms, persians, chinese and ofc paladin civs will finally see the light in the DE.

LMAO and then people will complain on how the paladin civs dominate everything and people will ask for nerfs 11.
Circlejerks man

2 Likes

Change the Camel +1 PA to +3 attack for Camels.
And Camels become Knight substitutes. They turn into an offensive unit with some actual raiding potential.
But still with 0 base PA, thus not getting any bulk.
And you NEVER have to remove Plate Barding Armor. Or give them FU Arbalests.
Or do anything crazy.

These Camels kill both foot and horse units in 1 less hit basically. Instead of taking like 10 more hits to kill from a distance.

For some levels even mangonel is broken, i understand if you have only won using broken civs with unfair advantages, but that has to come to an end.

Hahahaah

So in 4v4

Every player does the same thing as in 1v1, but 4x.

That’s why you stick the same unit every damn TG, expect in late Imperial :slight_smile:

Even a 800 ELO can realise that TGs and 1v1s are different.

3 Likes

He has already complained about Franks.

He will start the anti Frank crusade, after the Indian one, with his friend, Deathcounter.

3 Likes

“And when all civs are absolutely bland and uninteresting, then no one is!”
-SouMexican

1 Like