Ingame buildings/structures are not visible

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

Game Build: V. 100.12.30181.0
Game Platform: STEAM
Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When in game I can not see any structures or click on them including resources around my town center.
I can only see units/ships and nature.

See picture: I can see the menu in the beginning clearly but in the 1st picture when ingame I do not see any buildings. (there should have been a towncenter where the villagers are). I can build buildings and that gives me experience points but I just cannot see them or click on them once they are build.

(In game at the ‘trade port’ with the cards that give you villagers or something else, I can also see everything there). So it’s the buildings that you yourself need to build.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I would have been able to see my buildings and use/click on them.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Its the Invisible Town Center. Its one of the many British bonuses xD

Any aditional infos ?
Your PC specs for example? A DXDIAG ?
A screenshot of your settings?

Hi @jedijenny1! Thanks for your report. As a first-step I think it could help to run some basic checks:

Right Click Age of Empires III: DE in your Steam Library, select Properties then Local Files. From that window there is a button labelled Verify integrity of game files… this may take some time to check the files.

If you have any mods enabled, they can also cause unintended issues.

Let me know if the issue persists after performing that check through Steam and disabling all mods,
Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve also encountered this problem but verifying and updating my game files has not worked. I am not playing through steam. I am using Xbox live and playing on a pc.