Ingame voting

At first reading I may have agreed, but what if players are not playing or stop playing raking games because of the lack of maps they like??? eventually, only a small group of players would be in the game if we start excluding others,

Besides comments like that would be like saying “Only homeowners should vote for tax levis” or " Only Military Personnel should vote on what wars to fight" (that would create a Military ########### and/or chaos)

I agree only billionaires should vote in any election, and the lower poor people should not have the right to vote unless they produce more than 1 billion dollars a year into the economy… yes that doesn’t sound good, neither telling people that they can not vote because they are “low skill”…ALL NEW PLAYErS ARE LOW SKILL

Thank you, that is my point too.

If we want to find a middle ground, why not just add a Disclaimer, something like this"

“If you are a casual player or don’t play ranked games, please do not vote to allow a better understanding of the desires of regularly ranked players and new players”

EVERYONE should have the right to vote, but it would be nice if it is something you don’t play or planning to play, just abstaining to let the interest parties do so.

Exactly, Thank you

I don’t think so… With this logic all cotizens of a country could vote for gobernor in an state he doesn’t live.
The more rank users that vote the better, but not anyone

My saying but it should still be an democracy were everyone has the right to vote. I mean one arguement you got seems ok that if you dont play ranked then fine but i think an interest existist in comming back to ranked bc you participated in the vote

I think this entire discussion would be better informed if msft would release more data:
-how many people voted
-how many people voted who didn’t play in the ranked queue
-how does the voting behaviour differ between the two groups

5 Likes

I agree

Maybe also ask during voting the following questions:

Are you a regular ranking player?
If No, are you planning to start? Or why not?
How often do you play? Ranking?
Comments?

With those questions, we could have more complete data.

i like the idea, but this would require a survey. the data i suggested is something they should already have access to

Just ban from voting unless you pass certain elo, have a certain amount of ranked games, AND have played last map rotation.

Better yet, just put it back here on the forum.

Should mods lock the permission to post here to people’s ELO, so you are locked out and, therefore, can’t accuse others without any kind of prove but your own assumptions? :wink:

3 Likes

It was removed because only like 300 people would vote, which is pretty stupid, considering thousands of people then deal with whatever gets picked.

Segregation of the community based on elo is also stupid. If you actively play ranked, you should have the right to influence the maps you want to play on, regardless of how skillful or otherwise you may be at the game. Everyone has their map preferences, if you’re actually going to be playing the maps, you’re entitled to the right to influence them.

7 Likes

I don’t know why people like nomad games. It is awful to me because it is too RNG based.
Player will get bug advantage over others if his villager spawn beside stone and gold with trees.
Also, the player who built base too close to multiple enemies will get destroyed first

How you gonna complain about unofficial maps then use black forest and nomad as your example 11?

Because they are not included in the “Random map” map pool in the original 1999 version game. They are not considered suitable for “competitive” or “formal” gameplay by the original designers. Imagine former BZ hold a official starcraft tournament with big bonus pool using Big Game Hunters or other unlimited resources map. 11

And I also mentioned long time ago, Nomad ought to be a game mode, not special maps.

In fact, every map should be designed to be playable in Standard mode, Nomad start mode, Arena/Hide out Start mode or dual TC start mode. But not special maps!

It’s 2022 and some people still consider BF as a competitive map, LMAO.

1 Like

The thrill of it should be the rng. Bc no game is like the other

4 Likes

I think BF is okay. It is just not as competitive as arabia.
BF can be competitive at min 1, bring back the villager fight, whoever got better micro control wins.
People also need to boom properly in order to launch a surprise attack with onager which requires 1k+ resources lead. I saw many arabia players don’t know how to boom or fast imp. Don’t forget that eco is also important in this game.
I don’t wall on BF, just use sc to find sneaky villager and score will tell you when enemy will attack. I go for full boom, enemy can’t have higher score without military

4 Likes

I think bf aswell as michi offer some interesting strategy ideas. Last time i played michi my opponent towered my woodlinr and crippled me. Oh yea and bf 4v4 i played turned into a roadblock game from the enemys before my base got swarmed by Paladings that sneaked through with an onager

Having maps with a few choke points to improve diversity is great and necesary but I really don’t think BF is a good chioice, especially in ranked play. The exposed and too closed terrian make it too special and give more limitations than other maps especially we already have many other fine closed and hybrid maps which areappearly more regular, like oasis, mongolia, yucatan, rivers, mediterean…etc. Why people insist that BF should be pernamently in the pool and now even add it in the 1v1?

Anyway, I haven’t played AoE2 for a long time so actually I don’t care much. AoE3 does a better job on map design and I believe AoM retold won’t let me disappointed.

there was a USD 10 000 tournament played on it this year…so yeah, it’s a competitive map. Do I like it? no
but it has been one of the most popular maps for over 20 years

4 Likes

It’s sad.
So all I can do is accept it and quit.

Appeartly it’s the development team’s policy: Most AoE2’s players like the old way and don’t won’t to change. So the devs decide to keep AoE2 what it was and bring the changes to the other games of the franchise.

I shouldn’t be here.
:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

Here my experience regarding the popularity of Black Forest for 1v1 ranked at 800-900 elo in last 2 weeks:

When I favored Black Forest I got it 90% of the time.

When I did not favor Black Forest I still got it 75% of the time.

I always banned Arabia and Arena. But Black Forest just seems very popular.

2 Likes

nothing controversial with keeping old games in check, and doing new stuff in new games, it was always like this

3 Likes