Insider Program Sign Up Help

Did you attempt to register for the insider program and ran into an issue? Please see the troubleshooting steps below. If none of these steps resolve your issue, please leave a comment.

Trouble Signing Into your Microsoft Account

If you are running into an error after attempting to sign in with your Microsoft account—usually denoted by an ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS message—it is likely that you haven’t setup a free Xbox Live profile on your Microsoft account. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. Clear your cookies and cache.
  2. Navigate to https://account.xbox.com/ and sign in with your Microsoft Account.
  3. Enter your username and finish setting up your Xbox Live profile.
  4. Return to the START of the survey.
  5. Continue through the process!

If you still have trouble after that, try using a different browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge) to work through the survey. You can also try disabling any pop-up blockers or firewalls that might be preventing the signup window from appearing, then restart the survey.

Unable to save a DxDiag.xml file

This may be a problem for users who are trying to sign up on a Linux or Mac machine. Unfortunately, we are only able to officially support Windows machines at this time.

Cannot link your Microsoft Account to your Steam Account

There are steps you can take to work through these issues:

• If you’ve only failed to link your Steam account once, try completing the survey in a different browser after clearing your cookies.
  • Consider disabling your ad-block or pop-up blockers before starting the survey.

If that doesn’t work, please run through these steps:

1. Clear your cookies and cache.
  2. Ensure you are accepting cookies. (This is important for the authentication to succeed.) If you have an ad-blocker or an aggressive antivirus, whitelist the site or disable it temporarily.
  3. Start the survey from the beginning; do the Microsoft Login first, then go straight into the flow. DO NOT skip straight to the Steam login step.

If those don’t work (or if you’ve tried logging in too many times), Steam may blacklist your account from logging in from your domain. Don’t worry; this should clear after 24 hours, so follow the steps above at least 25 hours later and let us know if you still have trouble.

1 Like

Hi All, i tried to join the Insider Program for AOE II DE, but when i click on the Confirmation Email link, i got the following Error "No subscription specified. Please check your link and try again. " :frowning: Anyone have a Idea what i should do?

https://www.ageofempires.com/#newsletter-subscribe doesn’t show anything , I am already insider but i cannot do steam link and other stuff that other said should be showing

1 Like

Where i can if i’m a insider. I was a Insider for AOE - DE :smiley:

It works fine for me. You’ll need to have Steam client running and a Steam account of course.

1 Like

It doesn’t, i can see it on other account but not on this

EDIT: got it from other browser

Won’t work for me :frowning:

You will need to use Edge in order for it to work.

1 Like

I know. I tried with Edge and Firefox. Wont work

1 Like

I’m already an insider for quite a while and haven’t got anything. Do you need to do something different this time?

1 Like

Hello,
I wait for the log in, again news account now !

My Xbox (gamer ID) is GrégoryLinePlay)…

If I understood the FAQ right, there is no need to do something more, unless one wants to do the playtests on steam, then they should register again. However as they say, current playtests are only on steam so they should register anyway (?) or wait for future playtests. It’s a bit messed up. Could be wrong.

2 Likes

Hello all. I’m very excited to be a beta tester. I played AoE2 for 18 years.

Only problem is that I completed the survey and I’m now an insider BUT: I am not sure how to check to make sure it linked to my Steam properly? I just want to make sure it did. Any way I can check if I’m properly linked to my Steam account? My Steam username is simplybeourselves.

I’m sure you are fine. If you ain’t sure just retake the survey

The survey went through fine … and I got an email that I’m part of the insider program.

The problem is that I didn’t really get any notification confirming that I was synced up to my Steam account. So I am wondering how to check.

If you would like to playtest on Steam or if your system configuration has changed since June 2017 when the program launched, I would recommend re-registering for the insider program.

3 Likes

Also again like before with the AOE DE beta program there are no guarantees that you’ll be selected. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I do expect that they will run it with a larger group than last beta time.

1 Like

Nor did I. I believe we don’t get any kind of notification.

1 Like

My Steam account is tied to another e-mail address so I used that for the registration. There I got the e-mail with link to the survey and connected both my accounts and got redirected to Steam. It all went very smooth for me. But they could and should send some confirmation e-mail of the success of that action indeed though. Actually regarding EU digital law (GDPR) this is also required, notification of the exchange of account information between two independent parties and third parties.