Installation key Invalid

I purchased AOE3 from steam, however, the key I was given is not valid. I triple checked it to make sure. I contacted Support for help, but got nowhere. What can I do?

How did you conclude that the key is invalid? If it really is, you can refund and rebuy to get a new one.

My computer kept notifying me that it was invalid. I’m waiting for steam support as well just in case they have something else to say before repurchasing it.

I am having the exact same issue. I have a valid CD copy with the Product Key but Steam is not recognizing it to make it a playable digital copy since I no longer have a Disc Drive. Please let me know what you find out! Thanks!!

Hi @HoldenRiot, Unfortunately you cannot redeem a disc copy of Age of Empires III for a Steam copy of Age of Empires III. However, Age of Empires III: Complete Collection is currently only 9.99 US or your regional equivalent on Steam until January 3rd when the Steam Winter Sale ends.

If I provide proof of ownership, is it possible to receive a redeemable key? Thanks.

I’m sorry. No such offer exists.

Your issue shares literally no similarities with the original poster; you’ve never even purchased the game on Steam…

Please understand you are in no way eligible to receive a second copy of the game on Steam for free just by having bought the CD version. Sorry, but that’s just how it works - if you wish to obtain the Steam digital version, you will need to buy it.

Your issue shares literally no similarities with the original poster; you’ve never even purchased the game on Steam…

My apologizes. Similar, however not exact. I was attempting to redeem my valid CD key on steam is all.

Please understand you are in no way eligible to receive a second copy of the game on Steam for free just by having bought the CD version. Sorry, but that’s just how it works - if you wish to obtain the Steam digital version, you will need to buy it.

Understood. Just figured I would ask because I own physical CD copies of the following games and they companies had no issue providing me with either a Digital Key or allowing me to redeem on steam after providing proof of ownership for previously purchasing the game… American Conquest (GSC Game World), Rome: Total War, Total War: Empire - Definitive Edition (SEGA), Stronghold HD, and Stronghold 3. (FireFly Studios).

Yeah unfortunately Microsoft is more concerned with selling copies than maintaining goodwill with the community.