Invincible Building Plots

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 23511
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Buildings that have yet to begin construction (0 hp building plots) are indestructible and deny the area and/or a trading site for building for everyone else.
If the tasked worker dies or the AI does not try to complete the construction it remains in place until the end of the game. So long as the worker brings the building plot to 1 hp it becomes destructible, but will remain permanently otherwise.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game in skirmish mode, with classic rules.
  2. Let the AI initiate a construction, so that the building plot appears and is set to 0 hp.
  3. Before the building plot reaches 1 hp, kill the worker headed to the build site or defeat the enemy so that it stops every construction.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Just like in AOE2, regular AOE3 and AOM, when I get to the building plot before the enemy worker and hit it while its’ hp is 0 any damage should just outright destroy the building.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Can’t find the save file location.

2 Likes

I also have this issue. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

WHY ISN’T THIS FIXED YET!?!?!??! Why the fuck is new content being made when this game is FULL of bugs that have been reported fucking years ago. FIX THE GAME PLEASE. The next DLC should be called “The one that fixes all those bugs you’ve fucking been reporting for years”

1 Like

That’s quite an overreaction. This bug is like… very minor. It barely matters and most players will never even encounter it.

That said, it shouldn’t be too hard to fix either, as it was working properly on ESO-Community patch before.

1 Like

Overreaction isn’t the word more like unhinged.

I’ve ran into this as well. Maybe a little annoying, but that’s about it.

No - this is not only minor and annoying, it is a serious bug.
I’ve often experienced the AI tries to build a tradepost and occupies the socket. If the building cannot be continued for some reason, the foundation remains forever and the tradepost cannot be used anymore by others.
That means you’ll lose control over traderoutes or native tradeposts. And this can be a game changer.

Let the AI finish it, and then destroy it ?

You’re not serious, are you?
Should you really pull out all the troops, tear down walls and towers to allow the AI to continue building? LOL

Having the exact same problem. only difference in my game is that building plots have 1 hp. Its ###### ######## now. PLZ FIX DEVS!!!

OMG its been 3 years now! Devs please please please DO SOMETHING!!!