Is AoE II:DE Still Happening?

I know you guys have been busy with AoE:DE and it’s great. It really does remind me of the original in every way possible, but my favorite is AoE: II The Conquerors. I loved that game and would like a Definitive Edition. I just want to know if it’s still happening. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @nae, No news is good news. AoE II is the most popular game in the series so you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

@rhrmn said:
Hi @nae, No news is good news. AoE II is the most popular game in the series so you have nothing to worry about.

Unless you deal with skybox labs in that case no news means thanks for the cash now get lost we aint going to fix the mess we made.

Was cancelled and all team was fired, now they lives in poverty.
-----sarcasm off--------

You can expect some news about it and AOE3:DE this E3.
Source: ME.

If it gets made will probably have nearly zero support, no modding, ignore community suggestions, and be incomplete as with AOE:DE. If you don’t believe me see: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15884/support-for-game-is-dead-devs-delete-beta-discord-in-response-to-question-about-updates/p1

can we just all stop buying the DE versions or any remasters that is. they abadoned aom EE, aoe 1 DE, and aoe2 HD lags worse than voobly too. its a clear cashgrab

@nottudwill said:
If it gets made will probably have nearly zero support, no modding, ignore community suggestions, and be incomplete as with AOE:DE. If you don’t believe me see: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15884/support-for-game-is-dead-devs-delete-beta-discord-in-response-to-question-about-updates/p1

Source or any real proof?

Would provides source but the channel was deleted. Not heard a single development since and even fixes have dried up. I would of though several months of essentially no development and no roadplans would say something.

The discord server was deleted but it was a beta discord, so that’s no surprise. If questions were asked about updates, that’s coincidental (Not like deleting the server would make that go away with the forums and everything still available).

@Augustusman said:

@nottudwill said:

The proof is in the DE forum, no answer form devoloper from month, no answer for rating sistem , no asnwer of nothing , they game is abandoned to his destiny

@Marra333 said:

@Augustusman said:

@nottudwill said:

The proof is in the DE forum, no answer form devoloper from month, no answer for rating sistem , no asnwer of nothing , they game is abandoned to his destiny

We are talking AoE 2 DE , not AoE DE. Please stay on topic.

@Augustusman said:

@Marra333 said:

@Augustusman said:

@nottudwill said:

We are talking AoE 2 DE , not AoE DE. Please stay on topic.

MEn previous post speaking about aoe de no support, and that people fear that the aoe 2 de take the same way , im not out of conversation, is interesting for other game know how the dev and te team do in the past… on not?

U ASk for proof and they are speaking of AOE DE so or u dont understand what u ask or i give u interesting proof how they abandon the game support.

MEn previous post speaking about aoe de no support, and that people fear that the aoe 2 de take the same way , im not out of conversation, is interesting for other game know how the dev and te team do in the past… on not?

U ASk for proof and they are speaking of AOE DE so or u dont understand what u ask or i give u interesting proof how they abandon the game support.

You said that, speculation. The people fear. You are speaking real facts. The team abandon the game by several reason, may be they are starting AoE 2 DE.

They abandoned all next releases because you think that. Yes they abandon this like Esemble abandon previous games. I don’t see any fact.

Give proof not fallacies.

Its simple association: The point is the same team is doing AOE:DE2 as AOE:DE and due to the lack of support for AOE:DE from release it is not unreasonable to suggest similar will be done for AOE:DE2. (Plus they abandoned Age of Mythology EE)

Also the modding arguments definitely apply as it will be UWP so have fun being unable to mod the game…

@nottudwill said:
Its simple association: The point is the same team is doing AOE:DE2 as AOE:DE and due to the lack of support for AOE:DE from release it is not unreasonable to suggest similar will be done for AOE:DE2. (Plus they abandoned Age of Mythology EE)

Also the modding arguments definitely apply as it will be UWP so have fun being unable to mod the game…
Still fallacy, “Affirming the consequent” is the name of this kind of reasoning , because they fail AoE DE they gonna same for AoE 2 DE.

-----------We starting speak if AoE 2 De is gonna released or something.-----

Besides a DE edition for AoE2 being basically overkill since AoE2 already has been milked to the bone and redone, the bad decision making at the top (MS, most likely, referring to the half finished AoE DE and lack of support after release), they are not getting my money anymore.

Sure if you still have faith and trust go ahead and buy when AoE2 DE is released. Just don’t feel bad and complain if you are left in dust afterwards.

@“PhatFish AoEH” said:
Besides a DE edition for AoE2 being basically overkill since AoE2 already has been milked to the bone and redone, the bad decision making at the top (MS, most likely, referring to the half finished AoE DE and lack of support after release), they are not getting my money anymore.

Sure if you still have faith and trust go ahead and buy when AoE2 DE is released. Just don’t feel bad and complain if you are left in dust afterwards.

That’s better decision, the best is support other project. And don’t let be influence by youtubers or top gamers

Here’s hoping for some news to be released at E3 in June…

I don’t see why Age II: Definitive Edition wouldn’t eventually be made. Age II was the most popular of the Age games (I think), and their best-selling. No reason commercially not to make them. And there’s likely to be fan demand too, particularly from fans like me who dislike some of the new Age II HD expansions (which were shoddily made except perhaps for the African Kingdoms expansion).