Is it possible they would remaster/remake AOE3?

Since they have made a HD version of AOE2 and now AOE1 is getting the makeover,
do you guys think it’s possible that the same could happen with AOE3? I realise the
game is the most up to date in terms of graphics and gameplay, but it’s still fairly
old and could do with a good touch up tbh.

No need, Imo. I think it’s too recent to warrant a remake. Maybe an update or two, but nothing too time consuming.

Well it’s been 12 years, I guess it just holds up well. But I agree, an update would be nice :slight_smile:

I really like AoE3 too…especially because I am originally from Canada and a lot of the locations like Great Lakes, Saguenay, Yukon etc. as well as the colonial buildings and forts were reminiscent of all the things we study in school.

I am hoping for a 2020 remaster

@Raw1812 said:
I really like AoE3 too…especially because I am originally from Canada and a lot of the locations like Great Lakes, Saguenay, Yukon etc. as well as the colonial buildings and forts were reminiscent of all the things we study in school.

I am really not hoping for a 2020 remaster, because that would most likely mean that there would be no AoE IV in the near future. Although I love AoE III, it doesn’t have the same feeling as the previous AoE games and it still looks good. So I’m voting for not having AoE III remaster any time soon, in favor of getting a fresh sequel in the series.

@GrujaGP said:

@Raw1812 said:

I am really not hoping for a 2020 remaster, because that would most likely mean that there would be no AoE IV in the near future. Although I love AoE III, it doesn’t have the same feeling as the previous AoE games and it still looks good. So I’m voting for not having AoE III remaster any time soon, in favor of getting a fresh sequel in the series.

That being said though the current team is not big enough to make a game from conception to full release. They may keep the current team working on re-masters and hire a studio to produce AoE4 with the current team consulting.

AoE III had great nice graphics in its release, and are pretty good still today. Don’t think they are working on a remaster or something… hope after AoE DE they better are working on AoE IV or more expansions for AoE II HD.

…¿or what about a Rise on Nations II…? * runs *

@the_choson_one said:

Actually that would be pretty awesome, I wouldn’t mind playing new Rise of Nations but I think we are going a bit too far

It’s possible that they would remake it.

I think it is in need of updates but not a Re-mastery…yet. :wink:

@the_choson_one said:
AoE III had great nice graphics in its release, and are pretty good still today. Don’t think they are working on a remaster or something… hope after AoE DE they better are working on AoE IV or more expansions for AoE II HD.

More expansions for AoE II would be great but something is telling me that when AoE Definitive Edition comes out they will concentrate on that and maybe even release some DLC’s for it.

AOE3 is still a gorgeous game - doesn’t need a remaster.

I want the next announced new AOE game to be ‘Age of Mythology 2’.

There’s no need for a remaster on the scale of AoEDE, but a regular expansion along with some QoL fixes could work.

Game still looks beautiful this many years on, they did a great job with the artwork in that one. I remember the devs saying they implemented stuff during development that would take a bit of time for the graphics cards of the day to catch up to displaying them, no idea what they were tho.

A new expansion like aoe2 gets would be really nice tho, would really like to see that. The colonization of africa or something like that would fit in well. with some new home city options.

@SmokingCoalman said:
Game still looks beautiful this many years on, they did a great job with the artwork in that one. I remember the devs saying they implemented stuff during development that would take a bit of time for the graphics cards of the day to catch up to displaying them, no idea what they were tho.

Maybe they were talking about the general performance because man, I remember when I saw the first screenshot back then, I almost started crying because I knew that my ATI 9250 can’t handle all that beauty… Luckily, a year after the AoE III release I got new graphics and enjoyed all that beauty at maximum settings.

A new expansion like aoe2 gets would be really nice tho, would really like to see that. The colonization of africa or something like that would fit in well. with some new home city options.

Now that’s something I wouldn’t mind seeing.

I really enjoy reading our comments 1.5 years later after both the AoE IV and AOE III DE were announced. I’d say we won.

Well, that still remains to be seen.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

you are kidding right?