Is it POSSIBLE to win against 2 AI?

Seems like no matter what strategy I try, playing against 2 Hardest AI is impossible. Since they get tons of extra resources, it’s just mathematically impossible to win. I’m not even at Iron Age yet and both of them are already swarming me with 30+ units each.

Even if I heavily wall myself off, like 3+ layers of wall, they just tear through and destroy me anyway.

I’ve tried again and again and again, and nothing works. I just get wrecked by huge armies every single time. Even if I manage to build up enough to kinda fight back, they always seem to have an endless supply of units constantly adding to their side.

It sucks because playing against 1 AI is too easy and I win every time, but playing against 2 AI is utterly impossible.

Does it help if you put each AI in it’s own team?

I think it is possible? but you need to be lucky on how the map is made. ex: easier walling, close ressources, etc. I suggest having Shang. (cheaper villagers)

@PCS70 said:
Does it help if you put each AI in it’s own team?

Nope. I tried putting the AI on different teams but they continued to ignore each other and just hard-focus on me.

I even tried doing 2v2 with me and 1 AI…and the enemy completely ignored my ally, literally walked their military units right through my ally’s town, and hard-focused me.

What the hell.

I tested…

You can’t say it is impossible to win, because I just won! And I’m not an expert!

I played Babylonians, on a mountain map, on VERY HARD mode against two computers with random civs, both on the same team. (they got macedonia and carthage). the amount of units going at my town was incredibly scary O_O They even settled their first massive attack both at the same time! It took me about a hour before I could even leave my town safely, and I played very defensively. I nearly died about three times.

Just a hint…

• Start with nomad rather than stone age, because it gives you an edge. Human eyes are better at placing a town center.
  • Don’t make walls, except for maybe a few strategical ones. But completely walling yourself is stupid. They make hundreds of catapults and they will break them anyways.
  • Towers > Walls

Total time : 1h31

@Qaex For defensive play the romans are very good too, much cheaper towers and buildings.

Tried Romans and Towers, didn’t work. I had 8 towers up and got swarmed by about 20 Cavalry and all those towers went down real fast.

:confused:

Okay apparently I wasn’t tower’ing hard/early enough.

Became a joke after that. Both enemies just kept sending units to die against my wall of towers, and then I wrecked them both with only ~45 Legions.

@Erethzium said:
Tried Romans and Towers, didn’t work. I had 8 towers up and got swarmed by about 20 Cavalry and all those towers went down real fast.

How much Cavalry you had at that point?

Seeing the map you had, it helped you a lot because they only had one narrow passage to attack.

But well done! :slight_smile: You should try à mountain map :wink: hehe

And for PCS70,

I despise roman towers. They suck and only work when placed next to eachother.

There’s always a way. :smiley:

Cheesing is an important part of playing against hardest AI.

@PCS70 said:

@Erethzium said:

How much Cavalry you had at that point?

0, since I had just hit Bronze age.

@Qaex said:
Seeing the map you had, it helped you a lot because they only had one narrow passage to attack.

But well done! :slight_smile: You should try à mountain map :wink: hehe

Even on maps without a narrow passage, I just wall off my town except for one area, and put all the towers in that area. I tried, what…Highland, was it? and that strat worked fine, all the enemy units went to that one non-walled area and got mowed down by 20 towers.

Though it doesn’t seem to work too well when one of the enemy teams decides to send an army of Hoplites at you. Jeez. There was only like 20 of them but they completely tore through all 20+ of my towers.

…or when they decide to Tool Age rush me with axemen and slingers. God damnit.

1v7 on hardest AI is easy to win just do a fast bronze(sub 13 mins on default resources) , raid while pumping army non stop and boom. Generally on hardest AI tool rushing doesn’t work because the ai is a cheat script that will just easily bronze on a build order hence you need to rely on AI passiveness to seize the big broze and then takeout enemy. Don’t bother towering just wall your town and build forward and be on offensive.

Also the longer you leave the ai the more trouble you will be so killing from the 13-25 min is your best chance of success.

I have tried 1v7, and nope. Haven’t reached that level of skills lol! I rarely am ready to rush early. There’s something I must be doing wrong around tool or bronze age that slows me down.

Ehhh, this tower strat seems to only work half the time.

-sometimes the enemy just walks right around the towers and goes straight for my villagers, ignoring the towers entirely
-sometimes the enemy attacks and breaks down the walls and hits me from the other side
-sometimes the enemy decides to Tool rush me with axemen and slingers

Blegh.

I did 1v7 on the original (not DE) and found walls and a quick hop to Iron for Jihad/zealotry worked well as once the AI has used its cheat resources you can grind it down relocating (you will likely lose your base) around the map walling as you go. If the odd enemy does find you it’s usually in low numbers as the AI capped itself at 50 pop and jihad villis can either run away or kill most aggressors.

hardest DE ai is harder than original version, but still possible to win
my video proof of vs 7 hardest ai on highland random map , post iron age

and under default settings, i can easily vs 5 hardest ai at most, fast bronze and boom and attack, same as @brainysmurf10 suggested.
while in the original version, i can do vs 7 , may be that is a proof of my aging /sad

the weakness of DE ai is almost the same

It’s possible to win 7 hardest AI