Is not age of empires 3 the best game of the saga?

Also aoe4 has been crashing for a lot of people

no, it doesnt select them all, it just switch on places and seelct 1 of them

then its because they just dont like it =D, a survey to those players that never played the game again should be done, no speculations

I have shift clicked the idle button and have selected many villagers that are together at the same time, i always do it when my mines run out

1 Like

no bro, we dont want to click on the idle button, we want to make shift + . and do the same

Those are interesting, thanks for listing those. I wouldn’t call them ‘consequential’, but they are cool.

1 Like

If I want to play a medieval AOE game I’ll play aoe II, not Age of Empire II 2.

1 Like

Yes in fact aoe 4 can revalue aoe 3 for good as for bad,being a very misunderstood game (or very advanced for its time),for the eyes of the players of aoe 2

2 Likes

Yes,theirs would have been to move towards the twentieth century,but considering that Relic are already developing CoH 3 because it is understood that they did not want to rival both games

Then personalize the hotkeys ‘-’

I would have added AoM as the first if it had better graphics and more expansions and worked siege like in AoE 3. But it is still a gem and want to have the DE version for sure.

im a veteran player, i know there is not hotkey for this

taunt 26

the dynamic los on aoe4 is probably the one feature that i would say drastically outclasses aoe3.

The best part about aoe4 is the auto herding sheep feature, and that you can assign as many villagers as you want to construct buildings faster. Also stone and castles just feel good. Forts in aoe3 have always been trash, and then when they made the amazing Inca strongholds, people whined and they were nerfed to now have worse HP than euro forts
unbelieveable.

I think Ensemble was trying to avoid the issue of castle dropping and castles being used offensively instead of for defensive purposes. Some people think that castles are too powerful in AOE2, so they switched to AOE3 to escape being forward castle dropped (a frequent tactic depending on the player ELO levels involved it is easy/hard to deal with- thus it can create an unbalancing effect where the castle drop is too powerful- castle drops aren’t a ‘thing’ in all Age games since 2.). So it is understandable that they could be especially sensitive to castles that aren’t relatively weak.

1 Like

Well they made castles so worthless that literally nobody uses them.

Forts are used enough on aoe3 imo. The issue is aoe3 map size in proportion to the area forts cover is too small and provides too much advantage over your opponent if provided greater buffs

1 Like

The issue is nobody is scared of forts lol. They can easily be destroyed without losing many soldiers if at all if you use certain methods like petards, and unlike castles, they can’t be rebuilt in most circumstances because they are built via wagons instead of villagers. When I see a fort I immediately know the enemy is a noob and I proceed to destroy them.

i know this is going to shock you but in the world of ever increasing artillery firepower fortifications, esp those using walls and towers, started to become less relevant. sieges wouldn’t last years, they’d last months at best.

forts do add stuff to the game, generally speaking they can take on more force than they cost but are obviously vulnerable to mortars. still tho the card is in a tier where its value is about 1000 and against anything but artillery they will give you that value, sometimes several times over. its a forward base that can train both cavalry and infantry while defending itself against attackers in a way that a barracks or even blockhouse never could.

but obviously forts has another issue: you can simply avoid fighting them most of the time.

1 Like

Probably,AoM DE will arrive next year

1 Like