Is TC's bell behaviour changed?

I have a similar issue, not with Town Bell, but simple garrison-ungarrison and I wonder if I’m alone in this. I assume this is related to this fix:

• Villagers no longer stay idle after finishing constructing a building, garrisoning into it and being ungarrisoned by send back to work button.

So basically, I drop off food usually by just right clicking on the Town Center, but sometimes deer can be a little far from TC and then I garrison my villagers inside, and then send them back to work. Before patch, this was fine. Now, they can behave erratically: sometimes, some of the villagers gathering food from boars/deers are randomly tasked to kill a sheep nearby and gather food from there, or villagers gathering food are tasked to work on nearby straggler trees instead.

This is all very random and is really annoying to deal with. I liked garrisoning because it also minimizes the amount of villagers blocking each other when I have more villagers under TC working, but now it can be really annoying since I might not want to waste sheep to rot, especially when the villager decides to kill a sheep that isn’t even under the TC!

Additionally, sometimes I want to ‘teleport’ villagers by tasking them to take a boar that is on the other side of the TC. Before patch, I could garrison the villager inside and then press ‘Send Villagers Back to Work’ key, and it’ll work as expected. Now, the villager is ungarrisoned under the TC and is either idle or worse, tasked to some other task randomly.

Not sure whether I should make a bug report or if this is intended behaviour with the aforementioned change, but… kinda hoping it isn’t. Or if it is, then please, revert? 11

2 Likes

You just barely missed the important thing…

As always, we are continuing to track issues reported by the community for future updates. Here is a brief update from our Production team regarding some of what is still in the works:
Villagers continue walking to Town Centers and garrison even though the bell button was clicked again.

Meaning they are aware of the issue, but dont have a fix just yet.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed all of this as well. Hopefully there will be a hotfix for it soon.

That’s not the issue and this is not about the bell button, I thought I’d just mention this here since I didn’t want to start a new thread. My issue is with specifically garrisoning into the TC and sending them back to work, not with ringing the bell.

1 Like

I too have had issues with villagers ungarrisoning to wrong tasks.

In my case I queued them to do action 1 then 2. When garrisoning to force drop and clicking back to work they went straight to action 2. I thought they skipped but maybe you’re right it’s random.

1 Like

It could’ve been the issue for me too, though I’m fairly sure in my case I’ve tasked them to stay on for example boar and deer (or deer, then to boar). And they’re sent to wood even though I didn’t task any of them to wood.

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s the bell but I have noticed some unexpected behaviour with ungarrisoning villagers since the new patch where they go to a task that I had assigned to them sometime ago and had given them other tasks since. It was in the middle of a game so hard for me to figure out exactly what was happening but I’ll try and replicate it and see if I can figure out what’s going on when I have some time.

2 Likes