Is the game worth it now?

Although at first there was bad publicity, and some considerations to consider against, the thing is that many of the bad points have already been corrected and now it is in a “stable” state.

In short and in my opinion: “Is a good game and a good RTS,” and the campaign is entertaining and it seems that you are playing the scenes of a historical documentary, wich I really appreciated.

Good things in the game now (Nov 2022):

• Landmarks represent historical buildings, which makes you appreciate them more if they are buildings of your homeland, culture or nationality. I am still waiting for a DLC with Incas and Spaniards to see the beautiful signs.
  • Civs are asymmetrical in a good point, in that they have unique and different bonuses that make them very different from each other in playstile.
  • More unique units x civ than in Aoe2, and unique technologies. Which in some civs can reach 16.
  • Some unique units have triggerable abilities, Warcraft3-like, or automatic, which gives more variety to the play style.
  • Better camera angle and light, which makes the units better appreciated.
  • Better marine mode, more stable and with more maps to have fun trying the fight in water.
  • Documentary Campaign, which looks like you were watching a History Channel (When I was good) or National Geographic documentary about a Civilization, while they let you play out the exciting parts of the war. The videos of explanations of medieval things were great.
  • Masteries, a type of challenge with a prize, which you get for playing multiplayer or skirmishes, fulfilling certain challenges with each civs, which give you statues to modify your initial urban center or profile icons; and the best “short facts” interesting history of each civ, which in some cases explain bonuses and unique technologies or units of each civilization. 15 short ##### Civ.

It’s a good game that I enjoyed in my time when I was injured and couldn’t leave the house. I bought it months ago and I still haven’t finished my master’s degree. It also amuses me to comment on the forum, one learns a lot about history in the discussions and speculations of civs.

Lately they are taking it out on certain dates with a discount in Steam, sometimes at a 50 or 60% discount. I once bought it I think for 15 dollars. If you like RTS and see a discount like this, I would suggest taking advantage of it.

true but their effect is kinda off for what an assymetrical feature aoe 4 wanted to be

mmm not really… all have the same units and uu plays like generic units 2.0 instead of a different way to play it to make it effective.

i can agree on that but as i pointed on the previous point it doenst make feel fun to play if it ends with just better stats than other civs. shame that some cis with potential wasted their chance.

copy from another rts which it should be fine in theory but in practice it makes it bland not because the mechanic but its repetition on some untis like priests or no utility b ecuz is redundant like longbows or no interesting effects like some influences. It’s half baked half of them but got some good ideas.

hit or miss. documentary when are on low budget or look like that can be intersting or cringe but tha´s depend on taste. Still aoe campign was always on inmersion but documentary put you as an spectator of an event which cut the charm of an aoe campaign.

cool rewards idea but the customization is still limited comparing to other rts like sc2 or even aoeo.

Aoe4 is game not woth for its price but yeah on discount it may

I understand you don’t like the game. I did, and the topic was not a discussion with you, but openly expressing my ####### You don’t have to take each of my arguments and debate them, when they are not even a debate, but simply my appreciation of something.

It’s like someone didn’t talk to you, you got into the conversation and started to disarticulate everything they say to say how you don’t like it. And that’s not nice at all, so I suggest you don’t do it again.

If you want to make your own list of things you don’t like about the game, do them, but if you have to wait for people to post what they do like to contradict them, in each sentence, that’s not your opinion, you just wanted to contradict someone, and that’s how people take it.

I’m telling you because this isn’t the first time you’ve done that, you’ve done exactly the same thing in another topic where I posted a speech with similar words.

1 Like

u re discussing with me and the point of this topic is to discuss if the game worth or not and debate the points of someone if it seem correct or incorrect like any discussion. sorry that i didnt understand that you understand the basic idea of an discussion but argue the other appreciation and why it seems biased is also legit to decide for this topic if the game worth. Don’t understand why the reponse. I even agree some parts of it. Can we return to the main topic?

1 Like

Nobody is discussing anything with you, I just told you that commenting on “every sentence” of a paragraph that someone wrote, in a negative sense, is not nice at all, and even less if the paragraph was not against you, something that you do recurrently.

Nothing more. There is no topic to discuss here, I already gave my opinion of the game that consists of saying what I like, to the forum, and not to you. That you agree or not, the truth is, I care very little or almost nothing, but another thing is when someone writes against me. Anyway, any other sentence after that is to enter into a circular argument.

1 Like

Give it a try, it’s in the best shape as ever. The future is promising. If you are going only vs IA it will be disappointing when you are good enough… But if you go for multi its very good

1 Like

Yea, it’s special all right. They change out the entire unit, not just the weapon model. It causes units to skip an action in queue when the switch happens. Still not fixed from my report in March.

What’s your problem? Are you having a bad day or something?

Not that it really matters, but I only count 16 topics (not including the closed beta forum where there were many more bug reports) and all but 3 of them are about problems with the game and/or ways it could improve…

I’ve also sent literally pages of feedback after the closed beta and PUP, almost all of it things that should be fixed or improved. This game has had a LOT of UI issues for example.

Definitely a “biased loyalist”. Whatever the hell that means.

2 Likes

Are you too dense to realise they just made a CPR (making the dlc free) on their game ? The game that was just released ?

You are looking at the monitor and seeing some hearth waves after a serious CPR attempt and showing them to me as evidence.

The game isnt doing well if it needs a CPR to stay alive so shortly after it is released.

The game that was just released?
If something happened over a year ago, would you say it “just happened”?
Maybe you were in a coma for some of that year so it seems more recent to you?
In any case, I find it amusing that you think that if devs do anything positive to support their game, somehow, following your tortured logic, that means the game is a “dead game” or “not doing well”. As if that somehow invalidates the fact that it is now well populated. So what else should we add to the list?
Devs make a patch to please players and get more in game - invalid!
Devs put a game on sale so more people buy it and play it - invalid!
Devs promote and market a game more in order to build awareness and attract more players - invalid!
This is how you think and you are calling me dense?
It’s hilarious just how much mental gymnastics haters will perform to desperately try to write this game off.

Mmm pues yo te diria que depende colega, el aoe 4 tuvo un descuento del 33% en esta temporada de otoño y los otros aoe de un 70% (incluidos dlc´s) yo por mi parte te recomendaria el 3 ya que sale muy barato y te asegura muchas horas de diversión, pero si quieres el 4 pues adelante, yo ya no dire si el juego es bueno o si es malo, es solo cuestión de si te gusta o no, solo me siento decepcionado con el pero fuera de ello no creo que afecte lo que buscas (si es un juego que más se base en el online claro)

game seems fine im finding matches quickly and gameplay is fluid

1 Like