Is this game near cancellation and death?

So, I know that last time things going at relic disgustingly. they failed dow 3, broke with last patch coh 2 completely, too many veterans left studio during aoe 4 since announce, but for me most important, what happened with aoe 4? I read at trusted game magazine Igromania that in september 2017 we must got new information about game, but this is not happen, and since announce we don’t get any new official information. What happen? Since this time hype-train are gone, and nobody looks like waits thsi game, no discussion, no any hope, nothing, looks like this game don’t even in development and announced? And looks strange that many relci veterans that worked on aoe 4 start massively left studio. So is this game has big problems and on the verge of cancellation? WTF happened?

Due to the complexity of RTS games they take years to create and balance. There may be more information about the game revealed later this year, however we’re probably looking at a 2019 release at the earliest.

So exaggerated. They even show a game play trailer, only a teaser.

1 Like

We HopeThey’ll release some new info in the next months. Maybe E3 2018?

The hype-train not arrived at the station. That was the teaser for the teaser fo the AoE IV.
And i hope E3 2018.

The game is still in early development stages, there isn’t mich to show. There is hype, but all we can do for now is speculate, which you can see on this forum.
And I didnt see anything about Relic employees leaving the studio. Source?

Well, the game is in early development stages right now probably, at most they have a pre-pre-alpha version of the game, and personally, I want the guys at relic to take their time to give us a polished, completed and awesome game. I hope that they don’t rush, I don’t care, if we don’t get any info about the game this year, all that matters is that they’re hard at work to give us a great game. Besides we’re still getting definitive editions of aoe I,II and III this year probably, so we can patiently wait for aoe IV.

I think the point of releasing three definitive editions is to keep us occupied while we wait. I mean, does anyone seriously think aoe4 is just going to drop in the middle of this DE cycle?

Well AoE III DE is probably a good test of the market and a the overall interest in a modern RTS. This segment has been largely ignored for many years (except for the Sims and Star Craft for example). I wonder if there will be any attempt at integrating a mobile client component (think Destiny 2 Companion) into the mix.

I dunno. AoE3 is pretty blah for me. Guns are lame.

@“Andy P” said:
I think the point of releasing three definitive editions is to keep us occupied while we wait. I mean, does anyone seriously think aoe4 is just going to drop in the middle of this DE cycle?

And the other way around. Aoe4 was announced without as much as an era to support the de’s, it’s a statement that the brand is alive. But if you announce a game with this little information it just plain means they’re in really early development, and people shouldn’t go around trying to create negative hype if they don’t see a completed game half a year later. Because that would be silly. Not very nice either.

Nobody is complaining because they dont see a completed game, they are worried the game might take a wrong direction in design, mechanics, features etc. They want to voice their opinion before the game is already cooked.

@IamDalv said:
Nobody is complaining because they dont see a completed game, they are worried the game might take a wrong direction in design, mechanics, features etc. They want to voice their opinion before the game is already cooked.

That’s not what you said here, when you reacted to these statements yourself:

@IamDalv said:
The game is still in early development stages, there isn’t mich to show. There is hype, but all we can do for now is speculate, which you can see on this forum.
And I didnt see anything about Relic employees leaving the studio. Source?

I just think it’s a bit much of the OP to open two threads both carrying titles that suggest this game is very close to being cancelled completely, claiming in the post below it that we would have seen more if it wasn’t. It honestly looks a bit like a smear campaign. Which is a shame, because potential problems with the game and potential problems at the studio are an interesting topic. The amount of hyperbole and straight up speculation into very negative territory displayed in the opening posts of both threads is in my opinion just not the best starter for that discussion.

@“Pan Calvus” and
@IamDalv

in my opinion you are both right: it is right not to advertise negative AoE4 and create a negative hype, but it is also fair to talk about it in a community like that dedicated to us, to express our opinions (even if we are in the very early stages of the game) and report news that is simply on the web. However, many of us have written and reiterated that until we have something more concrete, it is too early to be disappointed! And I agree too! Now, however, being able to write our impressions and our ideas, could help developers to understand what we expect from the game!

Thou should not speculate on assumptions. To be or not to be is not in question here. Better post thy suggestions to the forum.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-08-relic-leaves-dawn-of-war-3-behind-as-it-moves-on-to-new-projects

I know I’m repeating what others have said in this thread, but still, it’s too early for any speculation. Again, since Relic failed in previous games, I know they have learned a lot which makes it harder for them to fail AOE4.

We would like to see something new info. Nothing else

As long as they dont do rts/moba hybrid again and stick to the rts formula good, im fine espesially after the bomb that dow 3 was… As the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it

We just have to play the waiting game. Hopefully new info will come soon.