Isn't it a good time to bring AOE on Mobile?

We already had the Age of Empires franchise abandoned for years and years and now you want them to focus on mobile and abandon once again…?

Nothing good come from franchises having mobile games.

Because it’s true. Not only wasted resources but limiting factor for games.

I play Hearthstone a lot. The biggest limiting factor for the game is the mobile version. Because of the mobile version the game cannot have a lot of features and have to be designed in a specific way to be played in a very small screen with potato performance.

Nothing good come from franchises having mobile games.

No, phone gaming sucks

3 Likes

since it was part of the offiical artbook, its official.

1 Like

actually a franchise pathing into mobile can work great. but of course it wont appeal to everyone. Take Mario Kart Mobile for exaample. People oon switch would partly wish to get THAT much content. But its not that they dont get it BECAUSE of the mobile game.

1 Like

It was concept art, it was made by the developers, and it did come with AoE 3 CD.
I can’t remember exactly in what form. I think it may have been on the back of the manual.

2 Likes

That kind of RTS on mobile is absolutely horrible to play because of controls, UI, screen size… it just doesn’t work well enough.

3 Likes

I’m not saying the exact PC version of AOE game, because it’s impossible to have that experience without PC. But game with same Units, Building Sets & UI optimised for mobile interface. Basically something different from COC or Castle Royale like games something like Offline RTS with Micro Or you can play with your friends on one map without sticking to one permanent base where upgrading one stupid tower can take half month of your life. There’s no such a game on mobile & other games Feels like Garbage & Cringe stuff compared to AOE games.

2 Likes

I understand why few game ads & click bet with AOE building sets and units are famous nowadays. Because People blindly believe everything they see doesn’t matter how fake it is.

1 Like

so you are saying ppl put fake art in the real boxes of age 3 which were sold in the markets? I highly doubt that.

It was concept art, yes. But it was in the official game somewhere. This was NOT faked. It existed, I had one myself.

And of course such picture imples the way they would want to go. although they confirmed at some point, it was never their plan.

There are bunch of pirated CDs of old AOE games which comes with this kind of art. Few years ago I was going through Market near my house I show this kind OF AOE 3 cd with Warchiefs & Asian Dynasties Expansion and it was just for 20₹(inr) something near 25 cents in usd.

1 Like

I’m not blindly believing anything.
I bought an official copy of AoE 3 when it came out. That art was inside.

2 Likes

Only If it’s collector edition or something then it may have something like it but I don’t understand why would they do such a thing, at that time I’m not sure they would even think about age 4 & 5

Interesting, but it was in the official edition I bought in the classic shop. No pirated cds, nothing fake. This was an original piece of art within the game.

why they did it noone knows, but it was there.

I don’t think it was a collector’s edition. I think it was just the base game. Perhaps they didn’t include the art in the copies in your country.
I’m not sure why they included it, and it probably wasn’t a good idea. But I think Ensemble was planning on making these games until Microsoft forces them to make a console RTS and then shut them down when it was unsuccessful.

1 Like

In my opinion this picture fits more the needs of an event (example gamescom etc) than putting in an AoE game, advertising the upcoming games in the far away future. But I don’t know, this is just my opinion only by the picture itself.

Practically this image was a way someone to say, we are waiting for the future games. I doubt if the creator of this image or even microsoft had at that point decide that AoE4 would not be in the WW1-WW2 period. Hopefully, we will see and an AoE5 game in this period, while still microsoft continue supporting and adding new contest to the AoE2-3-4 ( and also make something with AoM like AoM2 or just a remaster…).

PS: Yep, I am a RTS maniac… :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, why the hell you are talking as if it is fake…? It’s literally an image of Age of Empires 3 Collectors Edition art book and you keep talking as if they are fake art from “pirated CD’s” …?

Here, this is a video with a guy with a literal physical version of the art book and you can see in 0:07 (the last page of the book) the image with the concept art of Age of Empires 1 to 5.

This image:

1 Like

You can run AoE on really old PCs

1 Like