It crashes when I start a new game. Then there will be a penalty on the match queue

If you play the game again after the game starts to freeze and crashes, the queue will be penalized.
It is strange that a penalty will occur even with such an unintentional cutting method.

Use google translate (jp → en)

Hi @Ziege3784 !

Is the game crashing for you all the time? Could you verify your files in Steam or reinstall the game?

Let me know if the problem is fixed!

I am having a lot of problems lately, this dind not happened before. The game crashes unespectedly when I am in the middle of a game, it happens against the AI or in ranked matches. Apparently in ranked matches the problem is worst since the game crashes very soon.
I have not figured out a pattern yet, sometimes the game gets closed, some other times the whole SO crashes and gives me blue screen. One time the computer restarted. As I said before this behaviour is new. Maybe since the last patch/hotfix.
Some of the latest blue screens gave me this errors: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL all related to driver ntoskrnl.exe
Hope this helps

I recommend you to try some stuff:

1. In steam, Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of game files
  2. Reinstall the game
  3. Unable your mods
  4. Delete your user files
  5. Update your drivers

For deleting your user files, you should:

1. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE
  2. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.
  3. Delete the original and open the game again. A new user folder will be created

If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder.

If that does not work, please contact with support:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Let me know if it works!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply! Deleting the user files worked! I had tried all the other stuff but none of them worked. Deleting the user folder worked and the game works good now!

1 Like